The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

Sister had the AZ vaccine, floored her.

Mum had the Pfizer, but of a sore arm but that’s it.

Friend had the Pfizer and absolutely no reaction or aches and pains.

Would be nice to have the choice, can understand why we’re not, just would be nice though.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

I heard, if you've had Covid, the first vaccination is enough to spike a reaction because of the volume of antibodies in your system, and the second won't make much difference. If you haven't had Covid, the first isn't really that much but the second pushes it up and you're more likely to have a bit of a reaction. Dunno if it's true or not.

Anecdotal evidence alert...

I've been told that the Pfizer jab has a lower first dose reaction and a higher second dose reaction, with the opposite being true for AZ.

4 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

What's the SP on mixing jabs? Allowed or not? Thought I heard a while ago that it was a good thing.

UK could give people a different vaccine for booster dose in autumn under plans being considered by ministers

The Government is unlikely to approve vaccine mixing before the rollout is complete but may give it the green light this autumn

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/uk-could-give-people-different-vaccine-booster-dose-autumn-under-ministers-plans-953943

8 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

What's the SP on mixing jabs? Allowed or not? Thought I heard a while ago that it was a good thing.

There is a trial (or more accurately, a number of trials) ongoing whose aim is to verify just that. This is because there is some historical evidence regarding Ebola that such an approach can be beneficial. However, the results of the trial will not be for some time. This (pick n mix) approach has to be fully evaluated urgently because of the type of logistical and political problems we have seen in the last few weeks.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

I heard, if you've had Covid, the first vaccination is enough to spike a reaction be cause of the volume of antibodies in your system, and the second won't make much difference. If you haven't had Covid, the first isn't really that much but the second pushes it up and you're more likely to have a bit of a reaction. Dunno if it's true or not.

it was for me.  Nothing on the first, the second  flu like for 36 hours, myalgia for a few weeks still not 100% but very minor now.  The procedure in Gib was second within 3 weeks and I think that made a difference

3 hours ago, David said:

Sister had the AZ vaccine, floored her.

Mum had the Pfizer, but of a sore arm but that’s it.

Friend had the Pfizer and absolutely no reaction or aches and pains.

Would be nice to have the choice, can understand why we’re not, just would be nice though.

My parents and grandparents all had AZ, no reaction from any of them ?‍♂️

8 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Doesn’t really matter, still less deaths than us and had their freedom throughout, you’d have taken that would you? I would of

ps no lockdown, no mask, no social distancing Texas is doing ok, still no explanations from the ITK cult of Covid army. 

23 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Shock, horror ?

E5D13C75-CFCE-40DA-9FB9-7050D0DF766D.jpeg

I thought we'd gone over this before? Covid ravages some people's lungs, and a serious number of people end up dying of pneumonia caused by the effects of Covid. That's why the "died with Covid" figure is still relevant.  Look at excess deaths if you want to get a feel for the true effect.

image.thumb.png.1491c864c9cd32be6ff2448cb1c1cfcc.png

image.thumb.png.76f2654609e08d5e9c7211f437661c95.png

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I thought we'd gone over this before? Covid ravages some people's lungs, and a serious number of people end up dying of pneumonia caused by the effects of Covid. That's why the "died with Covid" figure is still relevant.  Look at excess deaths if you want to get a feel for the true effect.

image.thumb.png.1491c864c9cd32be6ff2448cb1c1cfcc.png

image.thumb.png.76f2654609e08d5e9c7211f437661c95.png

Absolute twaddle, data manipulated, over stated, mass hysteria ridden and most over hype event of this generation and  generations passed. Thanks god it’s nearly done and we can get out life’s back to normal   

50 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'd like to see a proper breakdown of stats before I pass judgement tbh.   What percentage of people that died with covid had pneumonia vs those that died with heart disease or cancer etc.  But tbh, I'm tired of it all now and don't really care anymore - just looking forwards to some sunny weather and getting back to 'normal'.

Edited by maxjam

9 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Surely the penultimate paragraph tells you what you need to know?  Regardless of lockdowns some places in the world were always going to get hit more/less severe than others due to a variety of factors.  Which is why despite Biden calling out the Texas and Florida Governors for their 'Neanderthal thinking' their infection rates are plummeting despite having fully reopened whilst other states in the US are suffering despite being in lockdown ? 

5 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I like to see a proper breakdown of stats before I pass judgement tbh.   What percentage of people that died with covid had pneumonia vs those that died with heart disease or cancer etc.  But tbh, I'm tired of it all now and don't really care anymore - just looking forwards to some sunny weather and getting back to 'normal'.

Me too! just  watch out for those pesky variants out there. The UK one has proved to be no more harmful so now guess what, the South African one is back on the radar getting scientists worried. All scaremongering BS, life’s getting back to normal unfortunately that seems to spite some people who have been given recent powers & status. 

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Me too! just  watch out for those pesky variants out there. The UK one has proved to be no more harmful so now guess what, the South African one is back on the radar getting scientists worried. All scaremongering BS, life’s getting back to normal unfortunately that seems to spite some people who have been given recent powers & status. 

Eh? I don't believe that for a second.

Oh...