Derby v Middlesbrough, Saturday 13th Feb

Kinder

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Get out of it.

Was a pathetic dive.

Should have been embarrassed and should have received a yellow card.

You watch it again, when you're running you swing your arms in time with the opposite leg. You can clearly see the defender reach for his left arm, then this arm stops swinging and is held back for several strides, causing his body to twist and him to lose momentum. If you don't think that you need your arms to run, I suggest you look at olympic sprinters and see their upper body strength.

He did go down easily, but how many times do you see 'honest' players not get free kicks?

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I read that Tom was injured, nowhere near the squad yet

There was a DET article (which i can’t find) around the time of the Bristol game (I think) with Rooney saying he wanted more from the players on the pitch now and Lawrence would need longer on the training ground to be at that stage.

He subsequently broke down again with the ankle injury reoccurring!

8 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

There was a DET article (which i can’t find) around the time of the Bristol game (I think) with Rooney saying he wanted more from the players on the pitch now and Lawrence would need longer on the training ground to be at that stage.

He subsequently broke down again with the ankle injury reoccurring!

Lawrence himself said he wasn’t fit enough for Rooney. It’s just possible Rooney will transform him. 

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

You watch it again, when you're running you swing your arms in time with the opposite leg. You can clearly see the defender reach for his left arm, then this arm stops swinging and is held back for several strides, causing his body to twist and him to lose momentum. If you don't think that you need your arms to run, I suggest you look at olympic sprinters and see their upper body strength.

He did go down easily, but how many times do you see 'honest' players not get free kicks?

I could watch it on repeat for the whole day and you will never convince me was anything other than a dive.

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nor did I say it was?

Its my opinion he has regulary been one of our worst performing players.

Its my opinion that it Lawrence was putting the same sort of performances he would be getting lambasted.

Its my opinion that Jozwiak gets cut more slack than Lawrence purely because he is a foreign player who people want to believe he is better than he is currently showing.

Its my opinion that Im glad he gets cut slack because I don't want to see fans on our players backs when they are putting in the effort.

Lawrence is welsh ,, it don’t come more foreign than that??‍♂️

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I could watch it on repeat for the whole day and you will never convince me was anything other than a dive.

When I see an olympic final with the sprinters running with one arm tied behind their back, I'll agree with you. 

8 minutes ago, ram59 said:

When I see an olympic final with the sprinters running with one arm tied behind their back, I'll agree with you. 

Game of opinions but I would be absolutely seething if an opponent tried that against us.

Jozwiaks reaction should tell you all you need to know.

9 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Byrne, Buchanan and Shinnie all played well yesterday but my MOM was Matt Clarke , outstanding performance , did not miss a thing all afternoon either on the floor or in the air

He's the best Centre Back in the championship and would be my priority if we had a chance to sign him permanently...when the ball is played anywhere near him from the opposition i expect Clarke to win it...especially in the air.....If we could sign him permanently he'd be my choice of captain for years to come....very good player

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

He's the best Centre Back in the championship and would be my priority if we had a chance to sign him permanently...when the ball is played anywhere near him from the opposition i expect Clarke to win it...especially in the air.....If we could sign him permanently he'd be my choice of captain for years to come....very good player

Hope hes top of Waynes list for the summer

53 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Certain things under Cocu that I did expect seem to have largely vanished. 

Players not running back 

Not heading crosses away with ease 

Less fit than opponents 

Less hard working than opponents 

Midfield easy to play through.

No forward to hold the ball up 

Generally out muscled 

So... A massive turn around

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

It’s an interesting thing .. obviously as one of ours we want him to be straight and honest. A lot happens in full flow. Curiously the one where he was more central .. his arm was deffo pulled - he was fouled, the other looked like a dive/fake .. I can’t judge for sure but I remember seeing .. I think it was Darius Vassel way back ...  looking like he’d done the biggest fake ever .. no one near him, epic swan dive but when you saw the vid wound back, saw the pace, the intent of the defender married to the physics of a moving body knowing it’s going to be clattered .. suddenly it isn’t a dive it’s the aftermath of self defensive momentum .. Dunno .. I don’t like cheats but while he may be canny and look for one I have a sense that Joz is as starlight as most ... counter arguments welcome ?

Jozwiak was in the Duffield Co-op shop yesterday (Sunday) and he looked well, although he had some bruising on his cheek.

I asked him about the run on goal in the 2nd half and said he was definitely pulled back, but the player released his hold just before he fell. He thought the 'Boro players were a "fouling" side - expect he meant dirty play, not smelly!!

He also said he can't play well on the pitch because it was too soft? Also told me that Beliek is having his knee operation this week in London and he is in a "good mind".

Has a very nice looking blonde girlfriend.

39 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

Jozwiak was in the Duffield Co-op shop yesterday (Sunday) and he looked well, although he had some bruising on his cheek.

I asked him about the run on goal in the 2nd half and said he was definitely pulled back, but the player released his hold just before he fell. He thought the 'Boro players were a "fouling" side - expect he meant dirty play, not smelly!!

He also said he can't play well on the pitch because it was too soft? Also told me that Beliek is having his knee operation this week in London and he is in a "good mind".

Any footage?

4 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

Damn.
I’ve been hanging around the new Lidl in Ripley hoping to meet a few players.

Archived