George Evans - signed for Millwall

Heisenberg

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If letting him go means Wayne can get someone else he needs and wants more then that's fine. If it is to cover short term wage costs with no new squad member then that weakens us again and is worrying, not least regarding the effect of all this garbage on Wayne's position

46 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

What a state this club is in! The ownership need sorting fast! 

George Evans is championship back up at best. Get rid and let’s get a proper CB in! 

One of the reasons the club is in this state is because the owner has pandered too many times to fans who go on about signing players.

How much do you think a "proper" CB will cost?

Selling Evans only makes sense if someone better comes in otherwise it would be a bad move. We can’t weaken the centre half area any more.

For where we are right now Evans is more than good enough, if we were pushing for promotion this season I would say get rid, but we’re a long way from that right now and we don’t have serious cash to invest in the playing squad. If you actually look around with the business being done - not many championship clubs do. 

4 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

George Evans is championship back up at best. Get rid and let’s get a proper CB in! 

with what money will we be getting a proper cb in may I ask ?

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Found some of these in a Lockdown 1 clear-out! Mistakenly shoved them in the shredder and the glue jammed it up.

Should have put them on ebay - if you'd described them as 'vintage bitcoin' you'd have made a fortune....

21 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Yeah. Back up, in the Championship, to a defence that has been rock solid for weeks. Where's the problem?

regardless of whether you rate him or not...selling anyone else without bringing anyone else in is suicide. Despite Evans not being a solid starter, his versatility is so important currently. With half the season to go and limited experienced players available, selling more is a very unwise decision. 

Since the start of November, Evans has only played in 5 games. We only conceded 2 in those 5. Prior to that, he was only used as a sub in the Blackburn game, where we conceded just 1 of the 4 in the 45 minutes he was on the field.

3 goals conceded in 450 minutes of football is fantastic for a backup player

Here's a conundrum for us to ponder (pure fantasy I might add)...

If we needed £2m of player sales income to see us through the season and stave off administration (NOT that I am suggesting we do) would you rather:-

• A: Sell Evans, Forsyth and Waghorn with no replacements, or
  • B: Sell Sibley

Option A puts us in grave danger of thinning the squad to breaking point and risks relegation; option B risks us losing out on a potentially great player.

It's a 'rock and a hard place' conundrum but might test the forum's view on current and future risk.

12 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Here's a conundrum for us to ponder (pure fantasy I might add)...

If we needed £2m of player sales income to see us through the season and stave off administration (NOT that I am suggesting we do) would you rather:-

• A: Sell Evans, Forsyth and Waghorn with no replacements, or
  • B: Sell Sibley

Option A puts us in grave danger of thinning the squad to breaking point and risks relegation; option B risks us losing out on a potentially great player.

It's a 'rock and a hard place' conundrum but might test the forum's view on current and future risk.

B , never really rated sibley in the positions we play him in , dont think he has the ability to beat a man on the wing like jozwiak and Lawrence etc , let's his play down as he normally turns round and passes back like forsyth 

19 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

B , never really rated sibley in the positions we play him in , dont think he has the ability to beat a man on the wing like jozwiak and Lawrence etc , let's his play down as he normally turns round and passes back like forsyth 

Tend to agree with this, B for me too.

Archived