George Evans - signed for Millwall

Heisenberg

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Really don’t get why we are selling him

It’s called wheeling and dealing - sometimes you need to sell to buy and if Wazza has (what he considers) better players lined up then it’s good business - no point in keeping a player that’s only ever going to be in the squad if we can use the money to bring in a player that will be in the 1st eleven......

6 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

It’s called wheeling and dealing - sometimes you need to sell to buy and if Wazza has (what he considers) better players lined up then it’s good business - no point in keeping a player that’s only ever going to be in the squad if we can use the money to bring in a player that will be in the 1st eleven......

I don’t doubt that at all. However, Evans is really our only CB cover and now bielik looks like he could be put for a while. I only hope we are selling IF we have player(s) to bring in

3 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

I don’t doubt that at all. However, Evans is really our only CB cover and now bielik looks like he could be put for a while. I only hope we are selling IF we have player(s) to bring in

That’s why I said “if he has players lined up”....

42 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

If Evans goes, I really makes me think Phil Jones is coming in, only a gut feeling, but does make sense of the the earlier rumours.

That's what jumped into my mind seeing this and other potential outgoings. Maybe Rooney has a specific "big" signing he wants to make space for. If he thinks getting rid of some of the more average squad members allows to bring in a game-changing soging then I'm all for it

On 28/01/2021 at 14:28, RoyMac5 said:

DET: George Evans - 

Rooney said as far as he knows there has been no offer for George Evans

Yes I can believe that, it's too good to be true that anyone would offer £500k for him. ?

Two games back you were advocating bringing him in for Wisdom, whereas now you reckon he's worthless and are putting up 18 year old Solomon as your preferred option. Any chance you're just arguing for the sake of it?

No way Wazza ships out a CB unless he has the green light to bring another in, none at all. 

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Two games back you were advocating bringing him in for Wisdom, whereas now you reckon he's worthless and are putting up 18 year old Solomon as your preferred option. Any chance you're just arguing for the sake of it?

Nope, none whatsoever. Wis had a couple of games where he was looking a liability. He had a good game today.

Evans is a filler, one good game and everyone raves about him. But that's it one good game and then Mr Average again. Can't believe we'd get a decent (ie any) fee for him. 

One sale puts pressure on centre half, midfield and left back in terms of cover, puts us at real risk of a relegation inducing injury crisis, and all for a tiny fee.

Have to hope there is logic, and there are incomings in place. That number just jumped by one though.

3 hours ago, Shang said:

I do feel bad for George, always does a decent job when he comes in, hasn't been a terrible signing. Solid utility player who can cover multiple positions when we need a player, which is probably his downfall.

Agreed, jack of all trades type, honest and steady enough utility, I really like him in a 3 most, but never quite nailed down his place so..

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

I’ll trust Rooney has someone better lined up, think I’d heard it mentioned he doesn’t want squad players but players that will improve us. If Evans decides to leave I’ll wish him well and hopefully  Rooney has someone he sees as better coming in.

41 minutes ago, Rample said:

One sale puts pressure on centre half, midfield and left back in terms of cover, puts us at real risk of a relegation inducing injury crisis, and all for a tiny fee.

Have to hope there is logic, and there are incomings in place. That number just jumped by one though.

We are not going down 

Fair play to him if he wants first team football, he isn’t going to get that here. Mind, I’m not convinced he’ll get it at Millwall either - would probably be better off moving to a League One club instead where he’ll be guaranteed starts. Still, looks like he’s definitely off, so good luck to him.

Archived