George Evans - signed for Millwall

Heisenberg

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

With no CB cover and now bielik potentially out for some time, was what I was getting at

Yes I know but it’s a covid football world and getting money of anybody is amazing and where are Millwall getting money from ?

I think Evans is a decent squad player and I don't want to see him go because it will leave us with no cover. The squad is too thin.

However if we're totally honest, is he really good enough to be in a side that gets promoted to the premier League. Because that's what Rooney has openly said he's trying to build here. I don't think he is. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

When we needed another midfielder the previous game Rooney took Evans off and bought Bird on. Nuff said.

Well yes, because Bird is levels above Evans as a defensive mid. That’s not the point though, the point is about numbers. We’ve got no cover for Bird if Evans leaves without replacement.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Well yes, because Bird is levels above Evans as a defensive mid. That’s not the point though, the point is about numbers. We’ve got no cover for Bird if Evans leaves without replacement.

If it's about numbers give it to one (or more) of the U23s - Evans is an ordinary midfielder and slightly better centre back, or is that the other way round?

Can't think how anyone can offer £750k for him, he's our Anya in reverse! ?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

If it's about numbers give it to one (or more) of the U23s - Evans is an ordinary midfielder and slightly better centre back, or is that the other way round?

Can't think how anyone can offer £750k for him, he's our Anya in reverse! ?

None of the U23 CDM’s are ready for the first team. I don’t particularly rate Evans, but he’s our only cover currently in both those positions. He needs replacing before he’s let go.

Very harsh comparing him to Anya as well. He might lack a bit in quality, but he’s a reliable Championship player, still quite young as well but with a fair few games under his belt. He’s got to be worth at least a million, as I’ve said before.

Archived