George Evans - signed for Millwall

Heisenberg

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Yes really, otherwise they’d have been more involved with the first team

So which players aren't good enough for you then? Or it's a case of you agreeing with Wayne saying that none of the U23 CDMs are good enough, but not that Evans also isn't good enough? ?

Perhaps none have been brought through yet because Evans is blocking their bench slot.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

So which players aren't good enough for you then? Or it's a case of you agreeing with Wayne saying that none of the U23 CDMs are good enough, but not that Evans also isn't good enough? ?

Perhaps none have been brought through yet because Evans is blocking their bench slot.

I’ve no idea, haven’t watched much of the U23’s recently. Just saying that Rooney would have had them more involved if they were good enough, even with Evans here. 

Where have I said I think Evans is good enough? If anything, I’ve said the opposite. The point is he’s better than nothing.

19 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Yes really, otherwise they’d have been more involved with the first team

JBrown isn't too far off. Capable of filling in for 10 minutes at the end of matches (similar to the role McDonald currently has) and maybe one or two games from the start, but a bit too much for him to be more than that at the moment.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

JBrown isn't too far off. Capable of filling in for 10 minutes at the end of matches (similar to the role McDonald currently has) and maybe one or two games from the start, but a bit too much for him to be more than that at the moment.

Yeah, not convinced he’s ready for any major role. Hence why we need another CDM before letting Evans go.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah, not convinced he’s ready for any major role. Hence why we need another CDM before letting Evans go.

I feel that now we've got the 2 CBs in, we can afford to let Evans go.. An injury to a CM would result in a shift to 5 at the back leaving us with a first team CM on the bench . We'll be pushing our luck with just Shinnie, Knight, Bird and Sibley (JBrown and Watson in reserve) - I'd much prefer getting someone on loan to cover but I don't think it's disastrous if we don't.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I feel that now we've got the 2 CBs in, we can afford to let Evans go.. An injury to a CM would result in a shift to 5 at the back leaving us with a first team CM on the bench . We'll be pushing our luck with just Shinnie, Knight, Bird and Sibley (JBrown and Watson in reserve) - I'd much prefer getting someone on loan to cover but I don't think it's disastrous if we don't.

I’m not convinced, not a fan of changing formations all the time. Just Shinnie and Bird as defensive minded midfielders leaves us too light imo, need at least one in.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Have I missed something?

17 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Sky seem very very slow on Derby news 

You'd have thought Sky would be all over Wayne Rooney's first signings on Wayne Rooney's first deadline day in Wayne Rooney's first transfer window as manager of Wayne Rooney's Derby County 

Archived