Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

I think he’ll play plenty between now and the end of the season. If we go back to a 4-3-3, he can fit with Jozwiak and Kazim up top, even if he’s not really a winger.

It would be nice to have him more central and in midfield but right now Shinnie, Knight and Bielik are undroppable. They’re getting results for us when we desperately need them so it’s a waiting game for him. It’s nothing to move club over though, my gut says that Shinnie is playing well now but we’ll eventually outgrow the need for such a defensive step up.

I stare at our starting lineups and think if we replaced Shinnie with Sibley it’s a tasty team but Shinnie proves me wrong twice a ducking week. Hopefully a Knight, Sibley and Bielik midfield will happen eventually, it looks so balanced and talented on paper.

4 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I think he’ll play plenty between now and the end of the season. If we go back to a 4-3-3, he can fit with Jozwiak and Kazim up top, even if he’s not really a winger.

It would be nice to have him more central and in midfield but right now Shinnie, Knight and Bielik are undroppable. They’re getting results for us when we desperately need them so it’s a waiting game for him. It’s nothing to move club over though, my gut says that Shinnie is playing well now but we’ll eventually outgrow the need for such a defensive step up.

I stare at our starting lineups and think if we replaced Shinnie with Sibley it’s a tasty team but Shinnie proves me wrong twice a ducking week. Hopefully a Knight, Sibley and Bielik midfield will happen eventually, it looks so balanced and talented on paper.

I think Knight central and Sibley out wide might be a better option, Knight wasted out there....

8 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I think for now, Sibley can benefit from the extra space playing out wide affords. He's got the rest of his career to play in the middle, with two men doubling up on him.

He’s on standby to be sold.

He should be in the team every week along with knight, bielik, jozwiak, CKR and Shinnie.

these are the best 6 attacking and midfield players

play 4141 or 4231 or 4132 or 433 I’m not bothered, but the above 6 players should be first choice.

buchanan, Byrne, Clarke.....there’s only two left to pick 

Marshall or roos; wisdom or evans

easy peasy

(and don’t go wasting money on ince).

Edited by RamNut

3 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

£15000000 ? 

Based on his performances last season. Yeah. Minimum. Hat trick, 25 yard screamers. What a start to his career. Sibley will have been well known by all the top clubs as he’s destroyed all of there academy sides at youth level. 

Now, no-one really knows what is a suitable fee as the market is dead. With his lacklustre year so far, it’d be the worst possible time to sell him - typical Derby.  We must keep him, he’s the best since Hughes, and due to his attacking output, could be much more valuable. 

Doesn’t really matter which formation we play, Sibley is a central midfielder, not a winger. Clearly he’s not getting a look in there at the moment because of the form of Bielik and Shinnie, but that doesn’t mean that will carry on forever. He’s a player with real potential, when you look at his technique and goal threat. Obviously he’s not the finished article yet, especially in terms of decision making, which is why the ever reliable Shinnie is playing over him at the moment.

But I’m sure Louie will get there, and I very much doubt he’s one that we’re actively looking at selling, particularly because he hasn’t even reached peak value yet. We need options like him in the squad. Clearly if a big team comes in for him then we may end up losing him with little choice in the matter, but hopefully we can keep hold of him. Not 100% convinced we will though, I can see lower end Premier League teams looking at him.

14 hours ago, RamNut said:

He’s on standby to be sold.

He should be in the team every week along with knight, bielik, jozwiak, CKR and Shinnie.

these are the best 6 attacking and midfield players

play 4141 or 4231 or 4132 or 433 I’m not bothered, but the above 6 players should be first choice.

buchanan, Byrne, Clarke.....there’s only two left to pick 

Marshall or roos; wisdom or evans

easy peasy

(and don’t go wasting money on ince).

Liked your post 

You include Sibley if you want more balance. You leave him out if you want more experience. WR has gone for the latter. Might be the better call in this league especially given our position. It’s working pretty well. 

I think as we see the gap between the bottom three wide, we will see more of Sibley. He’s got a great future here but as the moment we can’t risk playing Knight Sibley and and Buchanan on the same pitch. Add in Beliek only 22 and Jozwiak age 22. The squad lacks a bit of experience. Hence Shinnie playing ahead of him in midfield. Eventually I see him playing for Shinnie but I think Rooney will want to pull clear of the relegation zone first. 

Last thought tonight. I thought Louie would be a real Rooney sort of player but he's hardly had a kick. I dreaded he was being protected for Jan window but that wasnt it. Could it just be silly bookings so doesnt trust him to finish a match? Or nothing to worry about and he just thinks not quite ready for bigger role yet?  I thought Louie was most exciting prospect creatively. Any thoughts? 

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Last thought tonight. I thought Louie would be a real Rooney sort of player but he's hardly had a kick. I dreaded he was being protected for Jan window but that wasnt it. Could it just be silly bookings so doesnt trust him to finish a match? Or nothing to worry about and he just thinks not quite ready for bigger role yet?  I thought Louie was most exciting prospect creatively. Any thoughts? 

I thought you were watching the end of Les Mis ? ?

Thought it might have benefitted us for him to come on sooner, as his aggressive nature might have helped.

Probably his dip in form earlier in the season, has almost made him a bit of a fall guy for what was going wrong. He’s still young, learning and I’m fairly hopeful Wayne knows that young players form comes and goes. So I think we’ll see plenty more of him.

Does make me wonder if he’s a bit of a confidence player because at times last season he was magical, odd games this he’s been quiet in games. Got to be patient with him though, remember his age. 

14 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Thought it might have benefitted us for him to come on sooner, as his aggressive nature might have helped.

Probably his dip in form earlier in the season, has almost made him a bit of a fall guy for what was going wrong. He’s still young, learning and I’m fairly hopeful Wayne knows that young players form comes and goes. So I think we’ll see plenty more of him.

Does make me wonder if he’s a bit of a confidence player because at times last season he was magical, odd games this he’s been quiet in games. Got to be patient with him though, remember his age. 

He's a good player but gets far to engaged in the petty tit for tit.  he'll play more if he fouls less. Free kicks in dangerous areas really cost in this league.