Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

37 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

For me, his attacking threat brings far more advantages to the side than the risk he brings currently with his discipline (especially in games against teams who'll be 'scrappier' and more likely to play on the counter).

When we're mostly only managing to score 1 goal then the risk is obviously too great for our current manager?

5 minutes ago, ramit said:

He definitely has a nasty streak and sometimes behaves as if he's entitled to rough up opposing players.  Have no problem with him being aggressive, but stupid fouls hurt the team.  He should redirect his aggression to winning games, never giving up, always being hungry, which will inspire other players to up their energy, this would help the team.  He can become very valuable on the field, if he manages this.

I get all this. But if I was him I'd think I'm being picked on for no good reason. Rooney was a hothead aggressive player. He's asking us to be less nice and rough up the opponent's. CKR constantly boasts of this attribute of his. 

Waghorn has been accumulating unnessary red cards. Lawrence could practically do whatever the hell he wanted. 

1 minute ago, Uptherams said:

I get all this. But if I was him I'd think I'm being picked on for no good reason. Rooney was a hothead aggressive player. He's asking us to be less nice and rough up the opponent's. CKR constantly boasts of this attribute of his. 

Waghorn has been accumulating unnessary red cards. Lawrence could practically do whatever the hell he wanted. 

Well perhaps you can ask Wayne why he's not playing him then? 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If they're not training well (as Rooney has specified) then in matches they risk injury, or they can't last the whole match. What's idiotic about that? He hasn't said such about Sibley anyway.

Conflating what I'm saying. A player is either match fit or they aren't. If he isn't match fit then he shouldn't be included in the match day squad and the priority is to get him match fit. He isn't unfit. If that gets used as an excuse at any point, it'll be hugely ironic on the managers part, as he was done 60 minutes into every game. 

Football training on the pitch, is almost entirely based on nothing more than football. Not fitness. There's practically no scientific basis for the football training drills. Almost all football managers and coaches don't know if a player is training at the maximumal recoverable threshold. And that's the biggest point, it's a threshold and can vary significantly based on the individual. 

Players are being constantly monitored. But getting the point across to a football coach that X player needs to stop doing so much in the football training is like talking to a brick wall. Even with the data and scientific research presented to them. They are just viewed as lazy or ironically unfit. As the cause of being unfit will be overtraining. 

My point is and was generic. 

10 hours ago, angieram said:

I think it is a combination of two things - physical strength and temperament. 

His upper body strength allows him to be pushed off the ball too easily. I think he's busy working on that from bits I have seen on his social media.

His temperament is different,  I think he's got to curb that if he wants to progress. Picked up another booking last night despite only being on the pitch a few minutes.

I think this aggression is partly a response to coming out on the wrong side of physical battles and then retaliating, so is actually linked to his physical strength. Let's hope as the first improves, the other does too.

Louie for me is the most exciting of our younger players in terms of what he could bring to the team creativity wise. Just needs to keep working at it and he will get there.

As others have mentioned, he'd get more game time if we weren't in such a precarious position in the table.

Spot on Angie. I'd add one more thing.

He is natural second striker / attacking midfielder and we don't have a tactic suitable for that. I remember writing at the end of last season, that I'd like to try him on the right wing, so he could cutting inside to his stronger foot. I'm still waiting...

Edited by Dimmu

On 04/02/2021 at 14:44, jcidaho said:

How is Sibley a luxury over Waghorn.. it's a necessity to threaten the opposition and get goals, otherwise it's just inbound traffic to Bird and co to defend.

He likes to dive in to a tackle and take a booking. He is also easy to wind up given his discipline record. I want him to play as much as you but we are walking a tightrope and just empathising with why Rooney is reluctant to trust him with 90 mins against set piece teams. 

think the best balance we had was Sibley on the left, Joz on the right and Kazim up front.

3 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

He likes to dive in to a tackle and take a booking. He is also easy to wind up given his discipline record. I want him to play as much as you but we are walking a tightrope and just empathising with why Rooney is reluctant to trust him with 90 mins against set piece teams. 

think the best balance we had was Sibley on the left, Joz on the right and Kazim up front.

I'm confused. Are you talking about Sibley or Waggy? This suits both.

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Now I’m not famed for being a football tactician, I even had to rely on spellcheck to even type it.

But,

Sibbo, in the number 10 role, yes please.

Needs to find some confidence in front of goal for it to work, should’ve finished a few for the u23s the other night, other than that he was outstanding though.

I liked the look of Bird further up before Bieliks injury he could possibly fit in that role too. 

On 04/02/2021 at 17:12, Uptherams said:

Conflating what I'm saying. A player is either match fit or they aren't. If he isn't match fit then he shouldn't be included in the match day squad and the priority is to get him match fit. He isn't unfit. If that gets used as an excuse at any point, it'll be hugely ironic on the managers part, as he was done 60 minutes into every game. 

Football training on the pitch, is almost entirely based on nothing more than football. Not fitness. There's practically no scientific basis for the football training drills. Almost all football managers and coaches don't know if a player is training at the maximumal recoverable threshold. And that's the biggest point, it's a threshold and can vary significantly based on the individual. 

Players are being constantly monitored. But getting the point across to a football coach that X player needs to stop doing so much in the football training is like talking to a brick wall. Even with the data and scientific research presented to them. They are just viewed as lazy or ironically unfit. As the cause of being unfit will be overtraining. 

My point is and was generic. 

Pretty difficult to argue with anything that Wayne is doing at present. Remarkable turnaround in results. Attitude and performance if players. Five new players still to be evaluated but Wayne brought those players in for a reason

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Pretty difficult to argue with anything that Wayne is doing at present. Remarkable turnaround in results. Attitude and performance if players. Five new players still to be evaluated but Wayne brought those players in for a reason

There's plenty actually. I'm no sycophant. Just like how he's critical even when we have a decent win. We are getting results but that's been down the how impressive Marshall has been along with the defence. For 15+ games they've been playing like an automatic promotion side. We need to improve significantly in other areas of the pitch and when we do, we'll be a team capable of play offs every season. I still think we'll end up 3 wins off 6th spot this season.

Make no mistake, this is some of the worst football I've seen Derby play in a very long time. I thought Cocu ball was bad. I'm very keen to see our approach to matches once we are out of a relegation battle. Which, truth be told, could be up until the final 3 games at this rate. Very tight right now. A team can lose 3 on the trot and then be in a relegation battle. 

Ive said it before but I dont think Rooney trusts Sibley at the minute. One of Rooneys recent criticisms of the team is needless freekicks being given away and whether he starts or comes off the bench Sibley does this a lot.

Rooney mentioned Sheff W away and Rotherham at home for needless freekicks. Well away at Sheff W i thought Sibley was poor considering how good he was the game before vs Birmingham. But to compound that he gave the needless freekick away which they scored from in a game we were comfortable in and never really looked under much threat.

So, he gets dropped for the next game, Rotherham at home, which a lot of fans werent happy with but I was and knew why. Again, 0-0 Sibley comes on as a late sub and ends up cushioning a back post header back into the 6yard box for them to score and win. No surprise to me we havent seen him since.

So does Rooney start him ahead of Jozwiak/Waghorn/Roberts? I dont think so as I think he can trust their defence game more. Plus when Lawrence is back he will be ahead of Sibley as despite his criticism he puts a shift in defensively.

Does Rooney bring him off the bench? I can only see that happening if we have a 2 goal lead. If we are 1 up or drawing I dont think he would bring him on as points are too important for us at the minute.

The u23s games are where he needs to earn the trust of Rooney again, Rooney will know exactly how good Sibley is ability wise but its the defensive & temperament side of the game he needs to improve.