Derby Vs Bristol City 30/1/21 3pm - Matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

What you’ve not explained is what benefit comes from broadcasting it to the entire football loving public. Very damaging to Duane for a start (and against his nature he’s had to respond). Are you pleased about the damage it does to him? Does it do any good ? 

The player tapped up his old club and told us all about it when he'd moved. Against his nature to respond? ? He was very fulsome in his support of Marriott last season, when he blamed all his woes on a little niggle he had operated on. How odd Rooney doesn't want him either.

Rooney is the manager he says what he wants. He was no doubt constantly asked why Holmes wasn't in the squad when we were so short of numbers - what was he supposed to say? How much effort do you think Holmes was giving when he'd already mostly set up his move to Huddersfield.

Think you better figure out again who are the 'victims' of this!!!

On 24/01/2021 at 23:21, IslandExile said:

Roos 

Byrne.    Jones.     Clarke  Buchanan

Knight.    Bielik.    Shinnie 

Ince.       Niasse.    Jozwiak

Harsh on Wisdom and Kazim-Richards but let's see what the new boys can bring. Besides, lots of subs allowed nowadays so, with a bigger squad, it'll be nice to have the option to freshen things up.

14.24pm will be exactly 48 hours since Wayne said the new players would be coming within 24/48 hours. That is cutting it really fine for a 3pm kickoff but there's no way Rooney would let that deadline pass without action. No way.

2 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

14.24pm will be exactly 48 hours since Wayne said the new players would be coming within 24/48 hours. That is cutting it really fine for a 3pm kickoff but there's no way Rooney would let that deadline pass without action. No way.

Deals are done. No time to do announcements until Monday. @Owen87ITKhas been studying the Bristol City squad numbers for the last 24 hours, and having wardrobe talks with Barks, and Gibbo’s being cryogenically defrosted so he can do one interview.

35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The player tapped up his old club and told us all about it when he'd moved. Against his nature to respond? ? He was very fulsome in his support of Marriott last season, when he blamed all his woes on a little niggle he had operated on. How odd Rooney doesn't want him either.

Rooney is the manager he says what he wants. He was no doubt constantly asked why Holmes wasn't in the squad when we were so short of numbers - what was he supposed to say? How much effort do you think Holmes was giving when he'd already mostly set up his move to Huddersfield.

Think you better figure out again who are the 'victims' of this!!!

It’s not about who’s at fault, we’re discussing whether Rooney should have criticised him publicly. Managers have all sorts of reasons to criticise players but rarely do so in public. That’s because it’s likely to cause resentment and be detrimental. Better done in private in most cases including this one. 

27 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It’s not about who’s at fault, we’re discussing whether Rooney should have criticised him publicly. Managers have all sorts of reasons to criticise players but rarely do so in public. That’s because it’s likely to cause resentment and be detrimental. Better done in private in most cases including this one. 

I remember the very public criticism of Cywka by Nigel Clough which he later apologies for after Gordon Taylor started sticking his tuppenth in. 

When is the line crossed between being open and honest when asked a direct question and being critical? 

25 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Your know those collars some people put on cats and dogs which electrocute them if they wander into the wrong zone. Waggie needs one of those 

I could say that about the topic of some of the posters on this thread! 

It's matchday, guys!!!

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I remember the very public criticism of Cywka by Nigel Clough which he later apologies for after Gordon Taylor started sticking his tuppenth in. 

When is the line crossed between being open and honest when asked a direct question and being critical? 

I think the thing with Cwyka was a lot of people didn't feel it was merited - it came after we conceeded a late goal away costing us a point, in the run up he'd got the ball near our box and scampered away up feild with it, lost the ball, it's flng back and we conceed the goal. Perhaps he made the wrong decision, but he didn't merit the comments that followed. Add to that the "He can go back to Wigan or wherever he's from" and even though I liked Nigel Clough on the whole, I thought he was in the wrong on that one.

Roos deserves to keep his spot even if Marshall is fit. Start building a culture of meritocracy. 

Would like us to start fielding a settled XI. Go with the same again, and its up to anyone else to make an impact as a sub and squeeze back in. 

Nice to see the evidence of a plan B of course, but let's play our game rather than worry about theirs. 

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think the thing with Cwyka was a lot of people didn't feel it was merited - it came after we conceeded a late goal away costing us a point, in the run up he'd got the ball near our box and scampered away up feild with it, lost the ball, it's flng back and we conceed the goal. Perhaps he made the wrong decision, but he didn't merit the comments that followed. Add to that the "He can go back to Wigan or wherever he's from" and even though I liked Nigel Clough on the whole, I thought he was in the wrong on that one.

Yes totally agree it was obviously said in the heat of the moment in a post match interview by Clough when obviously he was still extremely irked by it. Think in hindsight Clough knew it was wrong and learned to kerb his temper a bit more especially in interviews with the press.

Now that was an unsolicited outburst the point I was trying to convey with the original poster was that if a direct question is asked you don't have to be brutally honest but you can still be candid enough in your response to convey the reasons behind a decision without it then being construed as a criticism of the player.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

And you know better than Rooney, fair does. ?

17 minutes ago, Rample said:

Roos deserves to keep his spot even if Marshall is fit. Start building a culture of meritocracy. 

Would like us to start fielding a settled XI. Go with the same again, and its up to anyone else to make an impact as a sub and squeeze back in. 

Nice to see the evidence of a plan B of course, but let's play our game rather than worry about theirs. 

Whilst I do agree with this Roos is always one second away from flapping something and getting on my tits , so not sure anymore ?‍♂️?

24 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It was wrong,  and I don't think its the only time clough has said something he shouldn't after a match

he is an emotional character and interviews after a match, for him and many managers can lead to an outburst they might have handed different if more time had passed. 

probably explains why Andy garner was sent to post match interviews on quite a few occasions.

I liked cwyka and was disappointed with clough though as was always a big nigel fan.

Match day chat is quiet.... 

But let's be honest, not very much to debate. Errr.. Roos keeping his place over Marshall, but neither decision would annoy me. Ditto Buchanan over Forsyth. 

Bird in if Shinnie isn't fit, Sibley to get a place or not? That's kinda it for me. Not a lot of options and no one particularly banging on the door. 

Expecting a steady performance and 1 goal either way if there are any goals at all. 

Archived