Derby Vs Bristol City 30/1/21 3pm - Matchday thread.

Rev

36 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

... the point I was trying to convey with the original poster was that if a direct question is asked you don't have to be brutally honest but you can still be candid enough in your response to convey the reasons behind a decision without it then being construed as a criticism of the player.

Perhaps he wanted to criticise the player? Perhaps he thought that fans should know what was going on? Isn't that what the constant cry is, tell us what is happening!

It was hardly the harshest of criticism either - along the lines of 'we didn't fall out, I like the bloke personally, but he needs to train harder'. I imagine it'll take Holmes decades to get over such a verbal beating! ?

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Match day chat is quiet.... 

But let's be honest, not very much to debate. Errr.. Roos keeping his place over Marshall, but neither decision would annoy me. Ditto Buchanan over Forsyth. 

Bird in if Shinnie isn't fit, Sibley to get a place or not? That's kinda it for me. Not a lot of options and no one particularly banging on the door. 

Expecting a steady performance and 1 goal either way if there are any goals at all. 

I miss the team selection meltdowns. Ah, consistency is a  cruel mistress....

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I miss the team selection meltdowns. Ah, consistency is a  cruel mistress....

well we can hope Lawrence is returned straight into the starting 11, that should make for some entertaining reading. 

49 minutes ago, Rample said:

Roos deserves to keep his spot even if Marshall is fit. Start building a culture of meritocracy. 

Would like us to start fielding a settled XI. Go with the same again, and its up to anyone else to make an impact as a sub and squeeze back in. 

Nice to see the evidence of a plan B of course, but let's play our game rather than worry about theirs. 

Will be interesting to see who’s in goal. The fact WR gave the armband to Marshall suggests that he’s important behind the scenes - could be a factor. 
Hope the pitch not too sodden - won’t help us 

We can win this, Wayne will get the lads up for this match, a weks rest, players paid, should go out with smiles on there face. 

In Wayne I thrust doing a great job at Derby, under very tough times, 2-1 to the Rams Jozwiak and Knight with the goals. 

Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

15 minutes ago, David said:

We’ve been a bit of a flop at home this season, time to stand up and keep hold of the ball. 

Get in behind early and force one home from close range. Bristol City have a very good pairing up top and we mustn't allow their 2 outstanding assets to get in our faces and put us off our stroke. 

I think we’ll win today. Kazim and Jozwiak with the goals.

Bristol City are a dangerous side but hugely unreliable. We have to fancy we can catch them on an off day. They’ve lost 10 games this season (only two fewer than ourselves) which is a poor sign for a team with play off aspirations.

I think we’ll score first and grow in confidence from that.

It’s midweek versus Rotherham that concerns me more than today.

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Get in behind early and force one home from close range. Bristol City have a very good pairing up top and we mustn't allow their 2 outstanding assets to get in our faces. 

Diedhiou and Wells have played upfront the last two games. The former I worry about a bit. I would be much more comfortable if Martin was picked instead.

Archived