Derby Vs Bristol City 30/1/21 3pm - Matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Agree , when you see Colin chasing back in the last few mins of a game  and nicking it with his toe and Beilik picking it up and getting us going forward like against Bournemouth  you really have to appreciate what Colin can do and what Martin didn't.He was a good player for us but he's gone now and I wouldn't swap CKR for Martin at this time in there careers.

His work ethic more than makes up for his limited ability and really hope he inspires some of our young guns to work as hard, never see Whittaker when he comes on showing that desire and work and effort and can learn something from CKR its  appreciated by us fans 

CKR is my favourite Derby player at the moment,he's been excellent for us but would i swap him for Martin at this point?

Absolutely....Martin is still the more accomplished player and his breadth of talent is superior as a team player even at this stage in their careers.

Having said that,Colin is our player now and Chrissie is Bristol's so let's hope CKR has the better game today.

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Pitch looks awful

Screenshot_20210130-133028_Instagram.jpg

BBG got a mention on commentary last night during Reading Bournemouth game. They were talking about state of many pitches this season. Not just us with this issue clearly. Norwich pitch looking decent enough, not sure if it’s down to prevailing conditions. ?‍♂️

Just now, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Hmm... still not a fan of Knighty on the wing. Would have preferred Sibley for Bird, then play Knight in the middle of the pitch and Sibbo further forward. No complaints other than that.

I can't see why we aren't doing that tbf. Seems a strange idea to move players out of their preferred position. 

Surely Roos should have retained his place after two match winning performances?

Where’s the incentive in being a number 2 if you lose the shirt even after playing well?

Presumably Evans misses out because the Millwall interest is serious.

Still hopeful we’ll win.

Just now, Jourdan said:

Surely Roos should have retained his place after two match winning performances?

Where’s the incentive in being a number 2 if you lose the shirt even after playing well?

Still hopeful we’ll win.

Evans link is strange, can't see him going for big money in the current climate and he is a decent utility option. Covers a few positions which is what we need at present. 

Just now, Jourdan said:

Still hopeful we’ll win.

That’s the life of a number 2 goalkeeper isn’t it? When does one ever keep their place when the clear 1st choice guy comes back from injury. I can’t recall any occasions myself.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

433. Shame for Roos to get dropped after putting in 2 good performances. Presumably Evans has picked up a knock in training.

Marshall

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan

Bird   Bielik   Shinnie

Jozwiak   Kazim   Knight

Or there's more to the Millwall rumour than we've been told....

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Still hopeful we’ll win.

Not sure, what does that say to Marshall who was brought in as No1 and has performed brilliantly and kept us in a lot of games early season. No doubt Roos has done well but he is clearly No2. Would be different if Marshall had been dropped for performance reasons?!

Archived