Derby Vs Bristol City 30/1/21 3pm - Matchday thread.

Rev

44 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

image.png.d9aa8120271431ccb50c00fdc55d48ea.png

Subs: Foster, MacDonald, Buchanan, Evans, Bird, Holmes, Waghorn, Mitchell-Lawson, Hector-Ingram

Tough call for LB as Buchanan has been playing well. Forsyth has great delivery from crosses though and it seems like we are just missing that final pass at the moment. 

Knight has to play in the middle, he is so much better there

Jozwiak back on the left and give Ibe a chance if he's well enough to play. Otherwise Sibley in on the right as Waghorn has been poor lately.

Forsyth and Byrne have very good delivery so both full backs have to push forward to help with our lack of creativity.  

I would go with that, always a toss up as to who plays left back. Knight much more effective playing more centrally ?

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

image.png.d9aa8120271431ccb50c00fdc55d48ea.png

Subs: Foster, MacDonald, Buchanan, Evans, Bird, Holmes, Waghorn, Mitchell-Lawson, Hector-Ingram

Tough call for LB as Buchanan has been playing well. Forsyth has great delivery from crosses though and it seems like we are just missing that final pass at the moment. 

Knight has to play in the middle, he is so much better there

Jozwiak back on the left and give Ibe a chance if he's well enough to play. Otherwise Sibley in on the right as Waghorn has been poor lately.

Forsyth and Byrne have very good delivery so both full backs have to push forward to help with our lack of creativity.  

I'd only play Forsyth if it was in a 3-4-3 because I don't think he's strong enough defensively to play in a back 4.

Ibe's no where near the bench, let alone starting, for multiple reasons.

16 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I'd only play Forsyth if it was in a 3-4-3 because I don't think he's strong enough defensively to play in a back 4.

If we go forward and attack Bristol and force them back, then we won't have to defend as much though. 

With regards Ibe, is he ever going to be ready? I thought he had got his fitness up to an okay level now and maybe playing football again might help him in some way. Don't you think giving him 60 mins or so and moving Knight back to the middle is better than playing Knight out wide?

We just have to watch out for Bristol's no.7 in this game.?

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

If we go forward and attack Bristol and force them back, then we won't have to defend as much though. 

With regards Ibe, is he ever going to be ready? I thought he had got his fitness up to an okay level now and maybe playing football again might help him in some way. Don't you think giving him 60 mins or so and moving Knight back to the middle is better than playing Knight out wide?

We just have to watch out for Bristol's no.7 in this game.?

He is severely depressed so I doubt it...

image.png.d5ddb635afad675fba73ec891a4b7f09.png   or   image.png.acdf580557c6b04eeaef66aa0c326e09.png    

I'd keep the same midfield 3 just because of how solid the make the team defensively, and just accept that there not going to create many chances.

I'd play Lawrence in LW if he's available, manly because the other options aren't good either. He might have one those 1 in every 10 games where he's good.

12 hours ago, Archied said:

You posted exactly what I thought when seeing the team the poster selected ,,, every team needs a shinnie type player ,especially in the championship , he is making himself undroppable and real captain material,,, yes I know it gives Rooney a headache of how to fit certain players in who are now also staking claims but hey that’s a good thing

Rooney touting Shinnie for Scotland in Euros. Could say Wayne was happy with him after saying he has made incredible progress.

It says a lot about our team that I don’t think I actually worry about any other team in the division this season, in terms of us conceding. Yet, I’m not sure whether we are going to score against any of them!

We have shown that we can stay in the game against the top 3, and have only struggled in a couple of games (Bburn, Boro...anyone else?) in terms of letting in goals. We just need to start firing at the other end. Some returning quality and an addition or 2 will help. I’m looking at Tom to get his act together and start impacting games (Lawrence, not Ince)

12 hours ago, Archied said:

You posted exactly what I thought when seeing the team the poster selected ,,, every team needs a shinnie type player ,especially in the championship , he is making himself undroppable and real captain material,,, yes I know it gives Rooney a headache of how to fit certain players in who are now also staking claims but hey that’s a good thing

I watched Wayne reminiscing with Gary Neville about their United days. Wayne knows an amazing amount about football. Seems to remember every goal that he ever scored. Brilliant watch.

7 minutes ago, r4derby said:

It says a lot about our team that I don’t think I actually worry about any other team in the division this season, in terms of us conceding. Yet, I’m not sure whether we are going to score against any of them!

We have shown that we can stay in the game against the top 3, and have only struggled in a couple of games (Bburn, Boro...anyone else?) in terms of letting in goals. We just need to start firing at the other end. Some returning quality and an addition or 2 will help. I’m looking at Tom to get his act together and start impacting games (Lawrence, not Ince)

I wouldn't count the Blackburn & Middlesbrough games as it was under the previous regime. 

Agree with you that we only probably need 2 additions to the first XI. I would say a striker and winger would make us a real force in this division. 

GK's are great

Defence is solid

Midfield is great (just maybe lacking a little creativity)

Forwards, we need a more natural goalscorer, and also a creative winger, to go with Jozwiak

All the young players will continue to improve, and next season could be a real good one for us. (hopefully)

just thought we probably won't have Clarke next season though....

Roos 

Byrne.    Jones.     Clarke  Buchanan

Knight.    Bielik.    Shinnie 

Ince.       Niasse.    Jozwiak

Harsh on Wisdom and Kazim-Richards but let's see what the new boys can bring. Besides, lots of subs allowed nowadays so, with a bigger squad, it'll be nice to have the option to freshen things up.

Two solid wins. In football stats terms, keeping clean sheets averages you 2.5 points a fame. It's great that we exude confidence about shutting the opposition out, but I do long for a little more creativity. For which I long to see Louie Sibley in the team. My fear is he'll be sold this week, worse still to Leeds.

A third win and the Rooney revolution would clearly be gaining momentum. Every game at the moment has the feel of being "season defining". 

10 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I know we say it all the time and perhaps this season it's more salient, but this is a huge game for us. A win would really cement the impression of a team slowly growing in confidence and critically, it's mathematically possible that a win could see us leap to 17th place.

Such 'lofty heights' seemed a preposterous proposition not so long ago. Conversely, a loss would see us remain mired in the lower echelons and once again ramp up the pressure on a squad who already have more than enough unwanted distractions.

For my part, I'd be very happy with a battling draw, but will quietly be hoping for win. So often in recent years it's seemed that we're one of those teams that puts a massive dent in Bristol's play-off aspirations and I'd love us to do so again. Will be a bittersweet moment seeing Chrissy back at Pride Park but I'm hopeful nonetheless, that we will see another Matt Clarke masterclass with Chris in his pocket all afternoon. 

Yeah but now you’re not quietly hoping as you’ve announced it in this thread....so you’re shouting it out you’re hoping for a win. Which is fine ok 

13 hours ago, DCFClks said:

Fozzy is a great defender. My only worry about playing him on Saturday would be that he just loves a pass to Chrissy Martin! ?

Anyway, not sure why people are in such a hurry to drop Buchanan while he is playing so well.

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Fozzy is a great defender. My only worry about playing him on Saturday would be that he just loves a pass to Chrissy Martin! ?

Anyway, not sure why people are in such a hurry to drop Buchanan while he is playing so well.

It's going to be like seeing your ex out with their new partner. ??But hopefully with us wanting to show him what he's missing!

47 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

It's going to be like seeing your ex out with their new partner. ??But hopefully with us wanting to show him what he's missing!

I saw him last week I thought he'd put weight on, and what *was* he wearing?! Colin's pretty good on the rebound ? #COYR

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Two solid wins. In football stats terms, keeping clean sheets averages you 2.5 points a fame. It's great that we exude confidence about shutting the opposition out, but I do long for a little more creativity. For which I long to see Louie Sibley in the team. My fear is he'll be sold this week, worse still to Leeds.

A third win and the Rooney revolution would clearly be gaining momentum. Every game at the moment has the feel of being "season defining". 

Let us hope that Rotherham was a Covid blip. We will find out in the return fixture soon enough.

Archived