Derby County vs Rotherham (in theory)

cannable

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I know it's not quite the same but I reckon most players have got some kind of gym/training equipment at home. so, apart any that are actually ill, I'd like to think they have tried to keep themselves in condition as best they can. Does your fitness really disappear that quickly that you'd be struggling after just twenty minutes? I wouldn't know, I've never been fit enough.?

Krystian Bielik hasn't

fat%20man%20soccer.jpg

9 hours ago, cannable said:

I know @David couldn’t stand the sight in the designated Black Pudding thread but in case you missed it, here’s a treat I enjoyed when I went Rangers away the other year. 

97A10A53-F561-4E3F-AB02-509F8AC62AFA.jpeg

A battered turd?

going into this game not fully fit would be suicide,even with a fully fit full squad we dont have enough goals in the team.we simply cannot afford to be off it in any way as we cannot drop any points to Rotherham.the wednesday game highlighted how much our lack of goals has cost us,they were dreadful,but in reallity,taking the deducted points into consideration, they have earnt enough points this season for them to be mid/top half of the table.lack of goals asside we would be a far superior quality side if only we had that source of goals

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

While a tad dramatic, it's an interesting point - if we are in the bottom three when football is called to a halt, what happens then? 

It would be inconceivable that if the season is ended only half way through that the EFL could even consider promotion and relegation, but you don't want to be in a position where you're even putting yourself in that position. 

It does increasingly look like football will be stopped, and I can imagine grassroots seasons (which have already been halted) being cancelled unless they can get them up and running by mid March. 

But with the obstacle of the Euros meaning we can't play through the summer like last year, it's raises an interesting question of how the authorities manage what happens next. 

Cancel the Euros no issue for me

On 10/01/2021 at 10:42, angieram said:

Twice weekly testing for all 72 EFL clubs from tomorrow.  Let's see how many games get postponed or if they start finding workarounds. 

Boris is today making noises about a "tougher lockdown" so I now fully expect the Govt to announce that no further elite games can take place and he will do this at 2:55pm on Saturday just as our depleted u23s are taking to the field. The EFL will make a similar announcement at 2:59, just as the players are walking from the field. The DET will then report it at about 17:15. 

On 10/01/2021 at 10:35, Reggie Greenwood said:

Rotherham managed to get the reverse fixture called off at minimum notice with only a couple of Covid cases why cant we do the same if still ongoing ?

Because they are called Rotherham and we are called Derby County.

The FA, EFL, Officials all around the world, BBC, ITV, Sky TV, Every Newspaper, Notts Forest, Steve Gibson, God, Jesus and millions of others don't like us for whatever reason, so when we try to do the same as everyone else we simply are not allowed.

6 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Because they are called Rotherham and we are called Derby County.

The FA, EFL, Officials all around the world, BBC, ITV, Sky TV, Every Newspaper, Notts Forest, Steve Gibson, God, Jesus and millions of others don't like us for whatever reason, so when we try to do the same as everyone else we simply are not allowed.

Can you give some examples of how BBC, ITV and SKY don’t like us...intriguing ?

On 10/01/2021 at 10:13, If we shoot we might score said:

Problem is that if we are in the bottom 3 either actually or on a points by game basis then we will probably be relegated hence we have this one chance to win and get get out of the bottom 3

Struggling to find a definitive answer, so I could be way off here, but I suspect that... even allowing for the fact we are talking about The EFL here!...  they already have all bases covered, all teams have been informed, and we would have all started the season knowing what will happen.

If, however, they are going to make it up as they go along (was understandable last season... but not this!), and someone... anyone... gets relegated, particularly this early in the season, I can see at least one club taking the EFL to court.

They must have a plan... and the clubs must know what the likely scenarios are... SURELY?

28 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Struggling to find a definitive answer, so I could be way off here, but I suspect that... even allowing for the fact we are talking about The EFL here!...  they already have all bases covered, all teams have been informed, and we would have all started the season knowing what will happen.

If, however, they are going to make it up as they go along (was understandable last season... but not this!), and someone... anyone... gets relegated, particularly this early in the season, I can see at least one club taking the EFL to court.

They must have a plan... and the clubs must know what the likely scenarios are... SURELY?

Mate, it's the EFL. There is no plan, there is no logic, there is no common sense. 

14 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Mate, it's the EFL. There is no plan, there is no logic, there is no common sense. 

I KNOW!  I KNOW!

As I typed my post... and for a good couple of minutes after I'd finished typing... I kept telling myself "It's the EFL!  Do not press submit.  They will point and laugh at you!" 

I feel such a fool!  ?

Archived