New stadium name

Bob Mash

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I would like blue and white kit again that bloody awful pink one we have now.

Good to have you back @B4ev6is. (Great name for our football ground!)

I didn't realise you had gone missing, but some of the other guys on a different thread have sent out a "Search Party" for you. Not that anyone should be searching or partying in the current climate, so you probably won't see a load of folk with alsations and torches charging around in the woods nearby.

43 minutes ago, Indy said:

If I remember correctly, Pride Park is technically the name for the entire industrial development. It was some tortuous acronym like Productivity and Regeneration In the Derby Environment, or close to that. Our ground was officially the “Pride Park Stadium” rather than “Pride Park”.

Correct. I think the Council at the time had some slogan like Derby Pride or Pride of Derby that was used for a time. The land was so heavily contaminated it was impossible to use for housing. I always felt the Gas holders added to the ambience of the place.

10 hours ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Pride Park is an atrocious name for a stadium and I for one have never warmed to it. We should re-name it, and not in a corporate sponsor way. New Baseball Ground is my preferred choice. I know this has been debated before but as there's nowt else going on, why not revisit it? 

Sorry Tamworth Ram. 

Not really a new stadium now is it...

Never known a club to just change the stadium name without a sponsorship. 

Rename a stand, yes, but not the stadium itself. 

Pride Park Stadium, a stadium on Pride Park, not the most creative of names and no nostalgia factor but it’s a name of the stadium where many fans would have witnessed their first Derby County game.

As years go by, Pride Park Stadium will become as sacred as The Baseball Ground was.

I say all that, but football has changed, money talks and the likelihood is that sometime in the future the naming rights of the stadium will be sold and we would be foolish not to.

2 hours ago, David said:

Never known a club to just change the stadium name without a sponsorship. 

Rename a stand, yes, but not the stadium itself. 

Pride Park Stadium, a stadium on Pride Park, not the most creative of names and no nostalgia factor but it’s a name of the stadium where many fans would have witnessed their first Derby County game.

As years go by, Pride Park Stadium will become as sacred as The Baseball Ground was.

I say all that, but football has changed, money talks and the likelihood is that sometime in the future the naming rights of the stadium will be sold and we would be foolish not to.

QPR?

9 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Never really understood why it was called Pride Park in the first place. But that's just me. Tesla Stadium sounds far better. I hear Elon Musk has got a few quid to spare. 

Just been confirmed the richest man on the planet, saw it in the Daily Mirror. Come on Mel, if the arab deal is dead in the water give Mr Musk a ring, also I do like the name "Telsa Stadium".

16 hours ago, IslandExile said:

You've certainly not annoyed me.

I've tried campaigning for blue and white kit myself, creating polls, etc. To me, it's clearly the only reason why we are no longer successful.

As football ground names go, I do like Pride Park. After all, it's far better than the Kit Kat Stadium, Elland Road or the City Ground for example.

You mispelled Leeds stadium name mate. Its got a B at the front. 

Archived