New stadium name

Bob Mash

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

And absolutely no kick back at all from the city for naming It that....definitely nothing at all...

Correct. None at all (unless, of course, you have some documentary evidence to the contrary?).  I imagine the reality is far simpler; the estate was called Pride Park, somebody at the club thought 'Ooh, if we call it Pride Park Stadium it will have a double meaning - one, it will be the stadium at Pride Park and two, it will instill a sense of pride in our supporters when they come to support the club'.  Occam's razor applies here.

7 minutes ago, sage said:

If you want to get involved in the forum more, either slag off 17 year old players or post 8 times an hour claiming lockdowns aren't necessary.   

Or several times a week post that the takeover definitely isn't happening just in case someone stumbling onto this forum hasn't noticed that you've posted it day after day.

10 hours ago, LazloW said:

Correct. None at all (unless, of course, you have some documentary evidence to the contrary?).  I imagine the reality is far simpler; the estate was called Pride Park, somebody at the club thought 'Ooh, if we call it Pride Park Stadium it will have a double meaning - one, it will be the stadium at Pride Park and two, it will instill a sense of pride in our supporters when they come to support the club'.  Occam's razor applies here.

Good effort. You've two footed @MuespachRam out of the debate while also providing an accurate historic picture of what happened. Bravo.

Always worth remembering that the original plan in the mid 90s was to clean up the land with the incentive of applying for the Millennium Dome (or the O2 to younger readers) to be built there, and got down to the last three before obviously it went to London, where it was always going to be. By then plans to redevelop the BBG weren't working out, so the move made sense. 

None of this needed ever to have happened if British Rail had agreed to look at moving the railway line that ran behind the Pop stand, as the plan was always to redevelop the BBG, but it was hemmed in by the railway line one side and terraced houses the other. 

13 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Pride Park isn't a problem for me, if Derby were in the Premier league and doing well.

As Derby isn't in that position I would prefer a name change.

I wouldn't call it the baseball ground as Derby is a football club.

Hmm, so if we're mid table Championship it's Mediocre Park, top 6 Hope Park, bottom 3 Bedwetters Park

12 hours ago, LazloW said:

and you honestly think that is how it went down........? Maybe a magical unicorn wrote the name onto a glittering piece of paper that fluttered in through an office window one morning....

Archived