New stadium name

Bob Mash

Pride Park is an atrocious name for a stadium and I for one have never warmed to it. We should re-name it, and not in a corporate sponsor way. New Baseball Ground is my preferred choice. I know this has been debated before but as there's nowt else going on, why not revisit it? 

Sorry Tamworth Ram. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Pride Park is an atrocious name for a stadium and I for one have never warmed to it. We should re-name it, and not in a corporate sponsor way. New Baseball Ground is my preferred choice. I know this has been debated before but as there's nowt else going on, why not revisit it? 

Sorry Tamworth Ram. 

At the time of the move I wanted it to be The Football Ground. We started out playing at the cricket ground, and when we got our own stadium it had previously been a Baseball Ground. It was only logical to call our first purpose-built arena what it said on the tin. And leading to the great pub quiz question, "which team plays their home games at the Football Ground?" 

But all these years on Pride Park is a fine name and I, for one, am very happy to stick with it. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

At the time of the move I wanted it to be The Football Ground. We started out playing at the cricket ground, and when we got our own stadium it had previously been a Baseball Ground. It was only logical to call our first purpose-built arena what it said on the tin. And leading to the great pub quiz question, "which team plays their home games at the Football Ground?" 

But all these years on Pride Park is a fine name and I, for one, am very happy to stick with it. 

Good response. I've never liked the name and never will. I like your historical information to give substance to the meaning of a stadium's name. Thanks. 

Just now, IslandExile said:

I actually like "Pride Park" as a name.

You should focus on your campaign to return to the successful blue and white kit of the early to mid seventies ?

Haha! No campaign as such just that I started following the Rams in the 70s and for me that's always been our colours. Also, I think Pride Park is an awful name. Personal opinions. Didn't mean to annoy anyone with either thread. Apologies. Just trying to get involved in the forum a bit more. 

The New Baseball Ground doesn’t really work.

If it was built on the same land or with structural features reminiscent of the BBG, then that would make more sense.

I think Pride Park is a good fit but granted it took the stadium being renamed the iPro for us to really appreciate that.

21 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Haha! No campaign as such just that I started following the Rams in the 70s and for me that's always been our colours. Also, I think Pride Park is an awful name. Personal opinions. Didn't mean to annoy anyone with either thread. Apologies. Just trying to get involved in the forum a bit more. 

You've certainly not annoyed me.

I've tried campaigning for blue and white kit myself, creating polls, etc. To me, it's clearly the only reason why we are no longer successful.

As football ground names go, I do like Pride Park. After all, it's far better than the Kit Kat Stadium, Elland Road or the City Ground for example.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

You've certainly not annoyed me.

I've tried campaigning for blue and white kit myself, creating polls, etc. To me, it's clearly the only reason why we are no longer successful.

As football ground names go, I do like Pride Park. After all, it's far better than the Kit Kat Stadium, Elland Road or the City Ground for example.

I would like blue and white kit again that bloody awful pink one we have now.

8 hours ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Sorry Tamworth Ram. 

Haha.

It may not be the best name but I’m actually OK with Pride Park. I guess it grows on you over time.

Let’s face it though, there is zero chance of it being renamed unless it is a corporate name linked to sponsorship. It would be good to have a branded name that sounds good and is associated with quality but, beggars can’t be choosers and if the price is right etc. 

Archived