New stadium name

Bob Mash

Mrs B asked why we named our stadium after a march involving drag queens.

I tried to explain that it was unconnected with LGBTQ Pride but don't think she was convinced.

Sad the way that words get hijacked and invoke negative connotations!*

The BBG stadium has a nice ring to it.

* PS I happen to like our dark pink away kit!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two themes going here.

1. there is on one Baseball Ground there will never be one called new bag unless knock a load of houses down in the area.

2. blue and white. Clough should never have been allowed to change the colours, a case of the arrogance getting out of control.

Any change is likely to be sponsorship related but I like the ram arena suggestion.

just my opinion!

3 hours ago, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

Two themes going here.

1. there is on one Baseball Ground there will never be one called new bag unless knock a load of houses down in the area.

2. blue and white. Clough should never have been allowed to change the colours, a case of the arrogance getting out of control.

Any change is likely to be sponsorship related but I like the ram arena suggestion.

just my opinion!

Wasn’t  the old club shop called the ramarena or maybe it was Ramarama? Back in the seventies. I think it was iron gate. Anyone remember it?

1 hour ago, StrawHillRam said:

Wasn’t  the old club shop called the ramarena or maybe it was Ramarama? Back in the seventies. I think it was iron gate. Anyone remember it?

Haha it was Ramtique and am sure it's some kind of pseudo knocking shop now.

There's progress for you 

Archived