Where will we finish?

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now id take 20th and survival yes we have improved slightly under Rooney but we are still in the bottom three and the worse goals scored in the division even taking the Birmingham game in to account hides how bad we are,make no mistake we are in a worrying place at present,will the take over happen so we can perhaps strengthen the team as the bench in the last two games looked concerning in terms of changing a game

Looked at the rerun of the Play off final game against QPR over Xmas and there is not a single player in our team who would make that starting eleven apart from Fozzy was there and perhaps you would have Marshall in goal,even Beilik would not replace Thorne in his prime,look at the bench that day it included Bryson,Eustace,Dawkins,Bamford just to name a few tells you how far we have fallen.

There is no team to big to go down and looking at the division there  could quite easily be a East Midlands Derby next season in league 1 

This take over should of been sorted by now if its happening to give the new manager whether its Rooney or not time to recruit what is required to turn this around 

Do i think we will survive ,yes i do although it could be by a whisker 

25 minutes ago, superzak said:

Look on the bright side if we get relegated home and away tickets are easy to come by. Plus sky won't be interfering with our fixtures.

It also gives Keogh the chance to come back to Pride Park rather then rely on his personal reminisces. Every cloud and all that. 

4 hours ago, superzak said:

Look on the bright side if we get relegated home and away tickets are easy to come by. Plus sky won't be interfering with our fixtures.

That's assuming we will actually be able to watch any football next season though because look at it at the minute. 

I reckon we'll finish around 17th, we need another big striker in January. I love CKR however he started to look tired against Sheff Wednesday. If he got an injury without a replacement we would just about survive.

2022-2023 season in league 2, we'll be well placed for the return of Nigel to take us back to where we are now by about 2029. We can then sack him, flirt with the playoffs a couple of times and then do it all over again in the late 2030s.

On 05/01/2021 at 23:05, Bearwood Ram said:

2022-2023 season in league 2, we'll be well placed for the return of Nigel to take us back to where we are now by about 2029. We can then sack him, flirt with the playoffs a couple of times and then do it all over again in the late 2030s.

Nigel is turning Mansfield around. 8 points off play offs now 

Obviously the worse thing that could happen is the takeover drag on for another couple of weeks.

If it gets done and we have investment, I would say 15 to 12 even with the right players.

If it falls through soon, I can't see Mel not investing some money to keep us in the championship, as a little now to keep us up would mean  more money coming in when he does get a viable buyer. In that case I would say 19 - 18th

If this drags on and we don't invest then it is anyone's guess.

Archived