Where will we finish?

Jimbo Ram

47 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

we will be in the relegation scrap regardless of what we do in january , anybody doubting this needs their head checking.

as for whether we finish above the line or not will depend entirely on the january business and with mel and khaled playing footsie looks like nothing is getting done. i am seriously concerned if this takeover does not get done in the next few days.

a poor jan window = 22nd

a good jan window = 20th

For those that laughed 

take stock again please and have a word with yourselves 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I predict we'll get 59-60points and be about 10th. This assumes Wazza gets appointed and we bring in another big centre-forward to swap with CK-R. If we continue to do the right things on the pitch, this is not an exaggeration of our capability. Just wish the takeover gets done - even I had a strange dream the other night when fans were "summoned" to the Club for "news" and we all got given a "manager's coat" but none of the zips worked properly and this chap who claimed to be Mel looked totally different but swore he was Mel. Work that one out!? ?

I admire your outlook, a brave departure.

To be honest, as it stands my biggest concern is the season being stopped/suspended due to Covid and the constant postponement of games.

Being in the relegation zone at this stage of the season doesn’t overly concern me as we’re playing like a side who aren’t down the wrong end of the table, we just need to score a few goals.

However if there’s a suspension of the league when we’re in the relegation zone, there’s a risk that PPG could send us down. For that reason, we really need to try and get out as soon as possible, and then stay out. With no league game for 2 weeks now, it’s frustrating.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

To be honest, as it stands my biggest concern is the season being stopped/suspended due to Covid and the constant postponement of games.

Being in the relegation zone at this stage of the season doesn’t overly concern me as we’re playing like a side who aren’t down the wrong end of the table, we just need to score a few goals.

However if there’s a suspension of the league when we’re in the relegation zone, there’s a risk that PPG could send us down. For that reason, we really need to try and get out as soon as possible, and then stay out. With no league game for 2 weeks now, it’s frustrating.

This is a possibility.  Seems games in London particularly are getting more affected.  When you have 7 players at Fulham, Palace, West Ham and Spurs all over social media at Christmas parties I shouldn't be shocked .  Fulham already had a covid outbreak.  I can see clubs having points deducted if there players step out of line with current regs if it continues. The powers that be won't want the season being stopped.  

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I can't see that continuing for the remainder of the season unless we get serious reinforcements in. What's difficult to comprehend about that.

You predicted we will go down. I am confident we will not. Small wager?

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I admire your outlook, a brave departure.

Forecasting is fraught with unseen events; we assume a straight line trajectory but the reality is very different. I'm judging on the last 7 games or so, so my prediction is indeed "high end" but I'm 75% confident that we will rise in the coming weeks, based on evidence, not reputation. It's in our hands and I don't quite understand some of our fellow posters's doom/gloom. 

20 minutes ago, Kernow said:

That is a real risk. It would be terribly bad luck but quite possible. I suspect the EFL might take some pleasure in that eventuality, should it play out. 

In the end of the season, around 40 games played, we seem to be well safe. Then EFL docks us 10 points and we end up 22th. Week later Covid ends the season and we get relegated.

This is not an opinion, just most plausible outcome...

14 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I still firmly believe that if the season was ended with a third or more of the season remaining it would be declared null and void which would mean we have eight games to lift ourselves out of the relegation zone. Ironically, whilst we're the relegation zone right now, if the season ended today we'd be safe. We'd be on 19.86 points compared with Wednesday on 19, Rotherham 18.4 and Wycombe 14.

If the season does complete then I think we're escape by the skin of our teeth finishing 20th or 21st.

7 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

That is a real risk. It would be terribly bad luck but quite possible. I suspect the EFL might take some pleasure in that eventuality, should it play out. 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I still firmly believe that if the season was ended with a third or more of the season remaining it would be declared null and void which would mean we have eight games to lift ourselves out of the relegation zone. Ironically, whilst we're the relegation zone right now, if the season ended today we'd be safe. We'd be on 19.86 points compared with Wednesday on 19, Rotherham 18.4 and Wycombe 14.

If the season does complete then I think we're escape by the skin of our teeth finishing 20th or 21st.

I agree that it would be extremely unfair to relegate any team with so much of the season still to play. There’s also incredibly fine margins and form isn’t taken into account at all. Tranmere were relegated despite looking likely to stay up last season.

The issue is the competence, or lack of it, from the EFL. I don’t think they’ll particularly care about the fate of individual clubs, it just depends how the situation with the virus develops. They probably won’t want yet another season disrupted or compacted if this one has to stretch into July again, so we need to get ourselves in a position where we would be safe PPG or otherwise.

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Absolutely what's the bet? My understanding is that if we get relegated I win and if we finish below 15th did you say? (Can't remember) then I also win. 

It seemed a pretty clear bet even for you to understand. You seem pretty certain we will go down. I am very confident we will stay up. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. Are you? ? 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

72 points available. 30 points more needed to stay up. 

If that. There are a lot of teams that seem to be struggling and even more sliding down the form table.

I don't think we'll stay up through any great merit of our own but I'm confident if we keep playing as we are, we will do enough and there will be at least 3 worse sides than us.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I agree that it would be extremely unfair to relegate any team with so much of the season still to play. There’s also incredibly fine margins and form isn’t taken into account at all. Tranmere were relegated despite looking likely to stay up last season.

The issue is the competence, or lack of it, from the EFL. I don’t think they’ll particularly care about the fate of individual clubs, it just depends how the situation with the virus develops. They probably won’t want yet another season disrupted or compacted if this one has to stretch into July again, so we need to get ourselves in a position where we would be safe PPG or otherwise.

Fine margins indeed but, as I stated, as of today we would just about survive.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It seemed a pretty clear bet even for you to understand. You seem pretty certain we will go down. I am very confident we will stay up. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. Are you? ? 

Ok fair enough how about a quid to you for each position Derby finish above 22nd place come end of season and a quid to me for every place they finish below 15th?

Seeing as 22nd and 15th places were our respective predications. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Ok fair enough how about a quid to you for each position Derby finish above 22nd place come end of season and a quid to me for every place they finish below 15th?

Seeing as 22nd and 15th places were our respective predications. 

? Last of the big spenders ? I wouldn’t be able to sleep.....

16th and comfortably up. And that is still not enough because these players are better than that.

Sick of seeing fans let our players off the hook by saying they aren't good enough because they are. We can't keep reshuffling and buying a new squad every two years. Someone needs to hold this lot to account.

They can avoid relegation in their sleep. Demand more.

Archived