Where will we finish?

Jimbo Ram

So many possibilities right now - on Monday we could realistically be in administration or be the wealthiest club in the EFL, or at any point between the two. We don't know who the manager will be for the next match. Indeed it's possible that the Wednesday game was the last match of the season.

I'm going to assume that the takeover goes through, Rooney gets the job and brings in a striker, a winger and a centre back that are top 6 Championship standard (ie not bargain basement, but not money no object, stuff FFP £50m signings). In this case I think we'll finish 16th. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half a season to go and unless a miracle happens at the January sales I think there's a chance we get cut adrift at the foot of the table. Saying that 2 of my favourite seasons were spent in the old 3rd division under Arthur Cox... I never missed a game home or away. Financially not good for the club but we were the big fish in the pool and going away to places like Grimsby  and completely taking over the ground was brilliant. Of course you didn't need tickets in them days...you paid on the door and they got you in somewhere lol

1 minute ago, superzak said:

Half a season to go and unless a miracle happens at the January sales I think there's a chance we get cut adrift at the foot of the table. Saying that 2 of my favourite seasons were spent in the old 3rd division under Arthur Cox... I never missed a game home or away. Financially not good for the club but we were the big fish in the pool and going away to places like Grimsby  and completely taking over the ground was brilliant. Of course you didn't need tickets in them days...you paid on the door and they got you in somewhere lol

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Some would say fools never differ, not me though! ? #COYR Fingers crossed for a striker. Just seen a Stokey tweet we asked about Ince - true or just easy quote?

If McClarens sticking around I wouldn't be surprised.  If its a loan till end of the season I wouldn't say no either.  Can smell a swap with Lawrence coming on maybe.  Both got till the summer to run on contracts ? If it happens that might be it for Ibe .

Those who are saying we will finish 14th or 15th....last season the Wendies finished in 16th on 56 points....to make that number of points we would have to win a game then lose a game win a game and lose a game from now until the end of the season. So win half of our remaining games. Just can't see that happening. 

I think there needs to be a bit of a balance between wild optimism and deep pessimism to be honest. Ask this question after the Birmingham game and I imagine the consensus would be we’re very likely to stay up. After the Sheff Wed game, it’s flipped to us clawing to keep our heads above water.

We’ve proven over the last 6 weeks or so that we’re actually much better than the first 12-15 games of the season suggest. If we’d played in the manner we have recently I’m certain our position would be a lot healthier. We’re in the relegation zone on goal difference, so if we do carry on playing with the positivity we have done then I don’t see why we can’t get ourselves out of trouble.

Of course it partially depends on circumstances that may or may not unfold in the very near future, and we probably need a couple of reinforcements in a couple areas regardless what happens, but again things could be so much more positive again in a few weeks, or equally there could be despair.

I’m just encouraged that we’re playing with confidence, are very aggressive with our play and we will score goals with a bit more composure. Do that, keep key players fit & I’m confident we’ll be at least 21st.

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Those who are saying we will finish 14th or 15th....last season the Wendies finished in 16th on 56 points....to make that number of points we would have to win a game then lose a game win a game and lose a game from now until the end of the season. So win half of our remaining games. Just can't see that happening. 

So basically pretty much continue the form since Rooney took charge is what you’re saying? Not that unrealistic is it?

39 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

After a dreadful start and then a mini revival under Wazza, we have half a season left, over 20 games. A lot of posters seem worried that we will be in the relegation shake up. I personally think we will comfortably stay up. At the start of the season I predicted a 15th place finish and I will stick with that. Where does everyone think we will finish up?

I predict we'll get 59-60points and be about 10th. This assumes Wazza gets appointed and we bring in another big centre-forward to swap with CK-R. If we continue to do the right things on the pitch, this is not an exaggeration of our capability. Just wish the takeover gets done - even I had a strange dream the other night when fans were "summoned" to the Club for "news" and we all got given a "manager's coat" but none of the zips worked properly and this chap who claimed to be Mel looked totally different but swore he was Mel. Work that one out!? ?

It’s difficult to see where the goals are going to come from:

Lawrence 0 in 11 starts

Jozwiak 1 in 15 starts

CKR 3 in 9 starts 

Sibley 0 in 5 starts

waghorn 2 in 9 starts 

Knight 2 in 21 starts

Shinnie 2 in 17 starts

bielik 1 in 9 starts

wisdom  0 in 16 starts

Clarke 0 in 21 starts

byrne 0 in 19 starts

Buchanan 0 in 14 starts

bird 0 in 9 starts

forsyth 0 in 8 starts

a grand total of 11 goals.

with 24 games to go it’s hard to see us scoring the goals that we will probably need to get another 30 points.

Archived