Derby Fail to Pay Players On Time (Again)

DarkFruitsRam7

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If nothing happens by Monday I hope the players and management downtools and force the issue. This just can't continue. If our employees weren't paid I wouldn't dream of expecting them to work. 

As sad as it'd be for DCFC, I also hope they take a stand, together. I would support them. They've been doing the good professional part of "we carry on and allow the process to work itself out" and at some point it's got to stop. I'm not saying Monday on any particular day, more that they should do it all together or not at all.

Although, the two things to hear in mind, money isn't there,it's not like it's being hoarded and "regular" staff and so on have been paid, so it's not like they'd be doing it in solidarity with those in real hardship.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If nothing happens by Monday I hope the players and management downtools and force the issue. This just can't continue. If our employees weren't paid I wouldn't dream of expecting them to work. 

Who would that help?

It wouldn't materialise the money out of thin air! But it might cause the club to be relegated - that would certainly affect their wages!!!

18 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think more likely is that the more savvy members of the squad start making noises about breach of contract and claim that their contact is null and void so they are free agents.

Which would be catastrophic for the club.

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I hope they don’t. Down tools - I think they realise what’s going on - covid world - no crowd - no income - potential for it to improve 

the whole football world of the EFL is ducked 

Oh ? Who else is not paying their players particularly in the championship ?

Tomorrow is the 23rd of January yet we were told the takeover was hoped to be complete before Christmas. 

I’m calling BS from the sheikh and total bo****ks from Pearce our CEO, I didn’t come down with the last shower and I refuse to believe he knows duck all about what’s going on.

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think things have to come to a head. How long not bring paid is acceptable? 

Yep, think you are right .. and as to how long .. my view is that pay is every 30 days. In extreme circumstances then 30 days is the line. I couldn’t criticise any player who said wooah .. I had some slack, some practicality, some tolerance but it is all used up now. Beyond 30 days and the line has been crossed. Being reasonable I’d give 7 day’s beyond that before actually acting but at that point ALL arrears must be cleared. 

13 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think things have to come to a head. How long not bring paid is acceptable? 

If I was in their situation I think I would carry on playing (if it does get resolved but the club get deducted points you've not helped yourself). I'd probably give the club some sort of deadline and say after that I'd carry on playing still but say I want to be released (after which I'd sue for constructive dismissal or something). What none of us know is how much more the players have been told or if indeed they have, individually or collectively, given the club any sort of deadline. 

Not being paid for a week let alone this length of time isn't acceptable but the players are probably thinking about what is right for them and that might mean helping the club survive provided there is some sort of light at the end of a long tunnel. But, I agree, there has to be a limit.

From what I can see it's a simple case of the players getting paid once the Holmes transfer goes through. They were obviously hoping for it to go through today (it still might tomorrow before the game). Once that goes through the funds are used to pay the players and exit embargo to get some loans in. 

8 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

From what I can see it's a simple case of the players getting paid once the Holmes transfer goes through. They were obviously hoping for it to go through today (it still might tomorrow before the game).

How much is the transfer and how much are the wages owed?

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much is the transfer and how much are the wages owed?

7 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Transfer rumoured to be £1m, 50% of December wages + 100% January wages can't be too far off that? 

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Assuming wages of £24m per year, we need £3m for December and January

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

So somewhere between 3 and 6 Dwayne Holmes?

I'm thinking "perfect joke opportunity"

I'm thinking "Something, something, a little short, something!"   

?

28 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Transfer rumoured to be £1m, 50% of December wages + 100% January wages can't be too far off that? 

£1 mill is less than a months wages here. Going to have find some way to pay the rest of the season wages as well once we've sold Holmes. Hopefully we aren't going to be bringing anyone else in (unless they are volunteers working for free) before we can find said method of paying them.

Clubs are clever, they will probably wait till deadline day, hoping to get our players on a cheap, and with not being paid, im sure they will jump ship. that will leave us down to bare bones, skint and probably into administration with a points deduction either this or next season. I personally can see a hard troubled time ahead.

Archived