Derby Fail to Pay Players On Time (Again)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before people freak. Stephen Pearce wrote to the players....

“On behalf of Derby County Football Club, Mel Morris, and prospective new owners Derventio Holdings, we collectively apologise, that due to an unexpected and last minute delay in the closing of the sale transaction, that your December pay will most likely be delayed until next week.

“We have been assured by Derventio that the closing funds have been remitted, but as at this morning they had not arrived in their lawyer’s client account.

“As soon as they arrive, the transaction will close and we will process any outstanding payroll amounts immediately.”

1 minute ago, David said:

“We have been assured by Derventio that the closing funds have been remitted, but as at this morning they had not arrived in their lawyer’s client account.

Based on what that Newcastle fan said, this sounds more concerning than failing to pay the wages, to be honest.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Based on what that Newcastle fan said, this sounds more concerning than failing to pay the wages, to be honest.

Well we’ll soon find out, the club have been assured funds have been remitted to close the transaction. That’s what the players have been told.

Also note that the club contacted the players prior to let them know, this isn’t a wake up, check the bank balance and where’s our money. 

Not entirely sure the process of sending millions to another bank account, I doubt it’s as quick as sending a mate a tenner through PayPal.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Pretty much a non-story if you read the article. It’s slightly sensationalist with it’s headline. Not quite on Nicholson levels of click bait but still. 

I think the headline is accurate. Wages haven't been paid because of a delay in the takeover. I'm not sure how else they could have phrased it?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Well we’ll soon find out, the club have been assured funds have been remitted to close the transaction. That’s what the players have been told.

Also note that the club contacted the players prior to let them know, this isn’t a wake up, check the bank balance and where’s our money. 

Not entirely sure the process of sending millions to another bank account, I doubt it’s as quick as sending a mate a tenner through PayPal.

I'm nowhere near kicking off, but it doesn't sound too promising based on what the Newcastle fan (and others) have said. Hopefully it's just a coincidence. 

I still think you're a bit too eager to defend this though. Something very similar happened pretty much a year ago to the day. It's not really on.

At least Percy refers specifically to the players and senior staff, though, so I assume the lower-paid members of staff have been covered during this challenging time?

2 minutes ago, David said:

I doubt it’s as quick as sending a mate a tenner through PayPal.

Its instantaneous, or can take up to a couple of hours at most but certainly not days etc unless they’ve written them a cheque! 

I would probably suggest the delay is the lawyer themselves, having to confirm the funds have arrived and notify the other party, much like selling /buying a house. 

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm nowhere near kicking off, but it doesn't sound too promising based on what the Newcastle fan (and others) have said. Hopefully it's just a coincidence. 

I still think you're a bit too eager to defend this though. Something very similar happened pretty much a year ago to the day. It's not really on.

At least Percy refers specifically to the players, though, so I assume the lower-paid members of staff have been covered during this challenging time?

Never said you were, nor am I eager to defend this.

I’ve shared the same snippet (the juicy bit) on Twitter which fans have been appreciative of as the article is behind a paywall.

I fail to see how that’s defending it, unless you mean my line about sending a tenner over PayPal? I just don’t see this as being anything to get worked up over.

Just pleased that we should see some closure very soon, a little bored of the it’s not happening, trust me, close the thread stuff now. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Never said you were, nor am I eager to defend this.

I’ve shared the same snippet (the juicy bit) on Twitter which fans have been appreciative of as the article is behind a paywall.

I fail to see how that’s defending it, unless you mean my line about sending a tenner over PayPal? I just don’t see this as being anything to get worked up over.

Just pleased that we should see some closure very soon, a little bored of the it’s not happening, trust me, close the thread stuff now. 

Fair.

Archived