Derby Fail to Pay Players On Time (Again)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Problem for the latter (£3m) is two fold... Firstly getting a whopping 30,000 to watch each of the 10 games, then included in that, getting those of us who already have free access to Rams TV (for those 10 games) as part of their 20/21 season ticket deal to stump up the cash.

Not sure we'd get anywhere near to that 25% figure, even with some form of concerted effort!

How about a £20 donation each game then (home and away)

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

Richard could sell snow to eskimos though - he's always been a very difficult man to disbelieve.

Mr R C Hartley kept the boat yard just down the road from work, His Son ran/owned it, One by one the Motormania shops were closing. We found out close to a year later that he owed the bank close on £7million, And the reason we were told it was closing was BS.

"However, the head office and Midland Car Parts distribution hub in Derby were not part of the deal and, along with the remaining Motormania branches, were closed with more than 40 staff made redundant"

Without Pay ?

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How about a £20 donation each game then (home and away)

Well, if the club put that proposal out, in order to keep the club going, I personally would be more than tempted to agree to it.  I'd feel a bit peeved if only 1,000 of us signed up though, and 6 weeks later we went bust!
It's easy to sit here on our keyboards and say yes, and fortunately I am in a position where such a donation wouldn't be a massive burden to me, (seeing as it's for such a good cause!), but obviously, I cant speak for others.

...Having said that, if that donation was solely to ensure the first team players got paid, I can't deny I'd be less inclined... and I'd be surprised if I had to explain why!  

?

5 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Makes you wonder what makes the guys keep going.

This must be affecting them and probably goes a long way into explaining the odd form. I am sure they are professional enough to play for the club but it is the Club or owners that are letting them down

So very frustrated at DCFC right now.

Footballers are currently just an entertainment ( hopefully) what keeps Nurses and Doctors going is a better ask currently because those people deserve an awful lot more than a clap ( yes I know I am a retired nurse) 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Footballers are currently just an entertainment ( hopefully) what keeps Nurses and Doctors going is a better ask currently because those people deserve an awful lot more than a clap ( yes I know I am a retired nurse) 

Maybe I will get vilified for this. But I am ex military and witnessed boys on the front line in Afghanistan, Iraq and other conflicts who had their paltry pay frozen for 10 years but still went outside the wire every day.  I will not decry what NHS have done they have done a wonderful job.  But it is their job just as these lads did.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Agree fully. I am also a retired nurse, and we need to stick together?

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Where have you got that from? The players get paid at the end of the month. 

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Middle of the month, isn't it?

Reports seem to suggest 15th is payday, although not sure how that ties in with missing last months wages

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Seriously at what point do the players in January just decide enough is enough and don’t bother.

Can they terminate their own contracts thus becoming free agents ?

I would guess if the club goes into admin . At the minute there probably on contracts they won't be offered elsewhere at the minute - accepted theres a few exceptions namely the younger ones.  Better to hold on for a few weeks here and get another couple of years on say 15 k a week than jump ship and get less for the same period prematurely.  

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

Middle of the month, isn't it?

Just going from last season from when they weren't paid, was due 30th/nye but got paid on the 3rd/4th Jan. Also it doesn't quite add up with everything that has been said, the players weren't paid because the takeover money wasn't paid when expected, the first time they expected payment was 24th December, and then again by nye. 

I do wonder if Morris is allowed to pay the players, without the EFL sticking the boot in and classing it as some kind of unauthorised loan if all the supposed paperwork is in.  You would assume that until some money has landed the deal isn't ratified, but the EFL are a weird bunch.

Only assumption I can make over this poo show.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Reports seem to suggest 15th is payday, although not sure how that ties in with missing last months wages

As I understand it, they got half of last month's paycheck on the due date. Whether that was just a months pay, or included deferred wages from the summer or not I don't know, as others have suggested.

Although it seems odd that we were expecting cash in on the 24th, to pay wages due more than a week before!

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

1 minute ago, Rev said:

As I understand it, they got half of last month's paycheck on the due date. Whether that was just a months pay, or included deferred wages from the summer or not I don't know, as others have suggested.

Although it seems odd that we were expecting cash in on the 24th, to pay wages due more than a week before!

Wasn't it the Mail that reported 15th as pay day? 

Just now, Rev said:

It wouldn't be unusual for a monthly salary to land in the middle of the month though, almost standard isn't it?

Everyone I know that is paid monthly has always been on the 28th, except for one company that I worked for which was the 8th of the month. 

Just now, rynny said:

Everyone I know that is paid monthly has always been on the 28th, except for one company that I worked for which was the 8th of the month. 

Everyone I know who's paid monthly is the middle of the month.

Admittedly that's just one person, mind.

Archived