Derby Fail to Pay Players On Time (Again)

DarkFruitsRam7

Just pausing for a moment ... let’s accept that Derby are probably high payers in this league .. equally we were probably higher in the turnover stakes before ticket money dried up.  Doubt we were / are greatly out of line in the money out and money in situation and the need for continuing tops ups from owners/investors or whatever

What about other clubs ? .. They must be facing similar pressures - perhaps not the same scale or urgency but you can bet, parachute clubs apart, there will be a number of champ clubs that are not very far from being in a similar situation to ours. 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jono said:

Just pausing for a moment ... let’s accept that Derby are probably high payers in this league .. equally we were probably higher in the turnover stakes before ticket money dried up.  Doubt we were / are greatly out of line in the money out and money in situation and the need for continuing tops ups from owners/investors or whatever

What about other clubs ? .. They must be facing similar pressures - perhaps not the same scale or urgency but you can bet, parachute clubs apart, there will be a number of champ clubs that are not very far from being in a similar situation to ours. 

Good point, thats also showing in the lack of transfer activity with all clubs in general (no team has got much petty cash left).

54 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Good point, thats also showing in the lack of transfer activity with all clubs in general (no team has got much petty cash left).

Everyone is haemorrhaging money right now. Unless you have parachute money or you’ve made a big sale this year (I.e Bellingham, Benhrama) I have no idea how those clubs are paying their bills right now.

Or actually the clubs have owners just putting their hands in their pocket and/or the 8.3  million loan has been taken by the clubs but it’s beyond me how that ever gets paid off.

Football needs a big reset button and as players contracts run out they’re in for a shock.

Take a Tom Huddlestone for instance - has he literally just given up playing as he won’t accept 2-4K a week?

29 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Take a Tom Huddlestone for instance - has he literally just given up playing as he won’t accept 2-4K a week?

Which is exactly why it was right to get rid

no fire in his belly. No hunger. 

2 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

its amazing what you can find at the back of the cupboard that you had forgot was there. 

rsz_gettyimages-469932863_1.jpg.5398184c7f7c1ee8bd0d7fc2763bdccd.jpg

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A small fee for te Wierik?

Could we get a small slice of Chelsea's fee, for playing a part in Tomori's development?

Do we get a little bit of the loan fee from Luke Thomas' loan to Ipswich, part of a the sell on percentage?

No and no me thinks....

I’d expect if they’ve been able to cover a decent amount of all playing and coaching staff wages then we’re talking 7 figures. We won’t receive that from the transfer for MtW or Duane Holmes, so I expect this is either a small loan (although surely we would loan enough to cover all wages), maybe some funds from takeover (wishful thinking?) or Mel has won the postcode lottery (someone’s knocking on your door...)

2 minutes ago, roboto said:

I’d expect if they’ve been able to cover a decent amount of all playing and coaching staff wages then we’re talking 7 figures. We won’t receive that from the transfer for MtW or Duane Holmes, so I expect this is either a small loan (although surely we would loan enough to cover all wages), maybe some funds from takeover (wishful thinking?) or Mel has won the postcode lottery (someone’s knocking on your door...)

Let's say £4k per player (you'd expect enough to cover the new academy graduates and other low earners), then we're talking in the region of £100,000. To me, that sort of figure looks like a small fee for te Werik or some sort of transfer clause (such as appearances) coming in. Has Hughes reached 100 games for Watford?

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Let's say £4k per player (you'd expect enough to cover the new academy graduates and other low earners), then we're talking in the region of £100,000. To me, that sort of figure looks like a small fee for te Werik or some sort of transfer clause (such as appearances) coming in. Has Hughes reached 100 games for Watford?

It says in the article “The flat rate enabled them to cover the entirety of some wages in the squad while acting as partial payment for others.”

This to me would mean more than £4K per player. I imagine that first team academy graduates are going to be on more than £1k a week, if I’ve interpreted your calculations correctly.

From the way I read it, which could be wrong, it’s the players in the first team squad that have been waiting and some of those have been paid in full while others have been paid in part - the same amount across the board. Let’s assume that our lowest earners in the first team squad are on £5k a week. That would mean £20-25k to cover the month (roughly) per player. Multiply that by 25 (players and coaching staff estimate) then that’s at least £500k. Not sure we’d get that for te Weirik or any outstanding add ins triggered from previous sales. And Holmes hasn’t gone anywhere yet.

39 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just to add, I like the idea that everyone has been paid the same. It really respects the contribution of the young players and will make the more experienced ones appreciate that team ethic. 

Ummmm the experienced ones may not see it that way....let's hope they don't before Morris sorts this mess out and breach of contract disputes start to get raised. 

It is an absolute disgrace that the players have not still been paid in full. On the plus side whilst the lads are down in the south today Bielik and Jozwiak have agreed to pop down to the coast and fix my dripping tap. Quoted only a tenner, but I think I will tip them.

Archived