Derby Fail to Pay Players On Time (Again)

DarkFruitsRam7

I wonder if the players have been paid for Jan, i'm sure that John Percy article said that was due Fri 15th.

So maybe paid for Jan & part paid (some fully paid) for Dec 

Could we have had the 500k off City to pay? That was the reported shortfall in wages

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, roboto said:

Mel has won the postcode lottery (someone’s knocking on your door...)

Someone's knocking on the door,

Someone's ringing the bell,

Do me a favour, don't open the door,

It's probably the bailiff's.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"The outstanding wages of the Derby County players are to be paid in full by Monday, DerbyshireLive understands.

In turn, this will see the club's transfer embargo lifted and allow them to bring players in."

Hurrah. 

Bring players in though isn't that some sort of joke 

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

About time. Some good news at last though, hopefully this will allow us to bring the players in that Rooney has lined up, to at least add some depth to the squad.

I think we still might have to sell one of the gems, probably Sibley.....with him being loaned back for the rest of the season ?

37 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Potential new player: "but will I get paid?"

Club rep, holding crossed fingers behind back: "yeah, yeah just sign on the dotted line"

Seriously.... This cash flow problem is not just for 1-2 months, is it?

Why isn't it? Mel has managed to pay the players on time all the other times. The 2 times he hasn't is when a takeover was meant to be done and the new owners paying the wages.

Really excited about the players lined up. Jones, Ince and Niasse (as rumoured) would all be good additions. Jones although ridiculed in the Prem, would be an immense addition next to Clarke. Quick and aggressive. We know Ince has creativity and quality. And Niasse would offer more mobility up top 

10 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Really excited about the players lined up. Jones, Ince and Niasse (as rumoured) would all be good additions. Jones although ridiculed in the Prem, would be an immense addition next to Clarke. Quick and aggressive. We know Ince has creativity and quality. And Niasse would offer more mobility up top 

Those three from where we were would be amazing additions, can't believe though. ? #COYR

12 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Wages for December have now been paid according to Steve Nicholson/Derbyshire Live.

Embargo to be lifted with hopefully a busy week ahead for the football club.

Niasse, Jones, and some other bloke for some other position.

Please.

Archived