Derby Fail to Pay Players On Time (Again)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how accurate this is

https://footballleaguefc.com/Derby-county-2019-20-player-wages/

but according to that site, squad wages are £375,500 per week, although that does include players on loan.

Implies monthly wage bill is north of £1.6 million.

If 50% of December unpaid means club has to find £2.4 million to get out of transfer embargo.

1 minute ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

Not sure how accurate this is

https://footballleaguefc.com/Derby-county-2019-20-player-wages/

but according to that site, squad wages are £375,500 per week, although that does include players on loan.

Implies monthly wage bill is north of £1.6 million.

If 50% of December unpaid means club has to find £2.4 million to get out of transfer embargo.

Appreciate that includes players out on loan, but not sure how their wages get covered.

Does the club pay and recoup some from loaning club or is player paid direct by club he's loaned to?

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Ryan Conway tweeting from Rooney's presser.

WR on transfers going out: "The players that I want to stay at this football club will stay here. None of my starting XI from the last couple of weeks will go."

If that's true it's great news. If the club shank him on that then he will be seriously pissed off I'd imagine.

Marshall and Sibley haven't been in the starting eleven last two weeks.

Wayne covering himself nicely there for when they get sold.

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Makes you wonder what makes the guys keep going.

This must be affecting them and probably goes a long way into explaining the odd form. I am sure they are professional enough to play for the club but it is the Club or owners that are letting them down

So very frustrated at DCFC right now.

Circa 7-8 years a go I worked for Midland Car Parts on Parcel Terrace as a delivery driver, The company went into liquidation, Grant Thornton were the Administrators, The last 2 months we were paid late, We had to apply to a Government office in Wolverhampton to help with wages, Never got our full amount, We still worked as we believed the owner was genuine.

We were the last on the list to be paid ??, Creditors came 1st, Car parts suddenly grew legs overnight, For around 2-3 years we were sent paperwork to show where monies were going, Grant Thornton were at the top of the list, To this day holiday pay and some wages wages are owed.

We all felt let down.

Just now, Charlie George said:

Marshall and Sibley haven't been in the starting eleven last two weeks.

Wayne covering himself nicely there for when they get sold.

Marshall has been ill. In terms of a big money sale if we assume that the only players we can currently get a properly big fee for are Knight, Sibley and Bielik then as much as it pains me to say it Sibley is the one we need the least right now.

37 minutes ago, Topram said:

Week now since pearce said on radio the first priority was paying the players ASAP and a week later still not, so so poor from the club

Poor from the club or our club is poor?

Or poor from the poor club?

46 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

Keogh has been awarded £2m apparently.

Expensive business football.

I used to think it was 'all about putting the ball in the back of the net!"

Naïve or what?

Wouldn't think he would be anywhere near receiving anything until appeal by club is heard ......even then the decision could be overturned. 

2 hours ago, James Pond said:

Circa 7-8 years a go I worked for Midland Car Parts on Parcel Terrace as a delivery driver, The company went into liquidation, Grant Thornton were the Administrators, The last 2 months we were paid late, We had to apply to a Government office in Wolverhampton to help with wages, Never got our full amount, We still worked as we believed the owner was genuine.

We were the last on the list to be paid ??, Creditors came 1st, Car parts suddenly grew legs overnight, For around 2-3 years we were sent paperwork to show where monies were going, Grant Thornton were at the top of the list, To this day holiday pay and some wages wages are owed.

We all felt let down.

Richard could sell snow to eskimos though - he's always been a very difficult man to disbelieve.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Ryan Conway tweeting from Rooney's presser.

WR on transfers going out: "The players that I want to stay at this football club will stay here. None of my starting XI from the last couple of weeks will go."

If that's true it's great news. If the club shank him on that then he will be seriously pissed off I'd imagine.

Very clever from Wayne he’s outed it to the press that he doesn’t want anyone gone from his first XI as if trying to say to the club don’t go behind my back and sell Them

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£400 from 30,000 fans should be enough to pay the wages for the rest of the season.

10 home games on RamsTV covers 1/4 of that

Problem for the latter (£3m) is two fold... Firstly getting a whopping 30,000 to watch each of the 10 games, then included in that, getting those of us who already have free access to Rams TV (for those 10 games) as part of their 20/21 season ticket deal to stump up the cash.

Not sure we'd get anywhere near to that 25% figure, even with some form of concerted effort!

Archived