Derby Fail to Pay Players On Time (Again)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rev said:

But if you're paid at the end of the month, surely you're four weeks in arrears on your pay?

When I got paid on the 8th it was always for the previous month that I had worked. The way it works for my wife, I think, is she gets paid on the 28th for the work that she has done from the 26th the previous month to the 25th of the current month. 

7 hours ago, Rev said:

But if you're paid at the end of the month, surely you're four weeks in arrears on your pay?

I've worked for several of the largest companies in the uk and monthly pay is always at the end of the month. Wouldnt you be 4 weeks in arrears even if you were paid mid month - thats what monthly pay is isn't it?

I worked for a large Global IT company and they had pay days on

1. End of Month
  2. 25th Month
  3. 10th of Month

All at the same time for different groups of employees

But my favourite is 4 weekly  (which I am currently on ) , your mind set gets used to the amount you get 4 weekly as monthly pay and so in March (usually)  you get paid twice in a month ?

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

I've worked for several of the largest companies in the uk and monthly pay is always at the end of the month. Wouldnt you be 4 weeks in arrears even if you were paid mid month - thats what monthly pay is isn't it?

I worked for a retail bank for over 30 years. We were paid on the 18th of every month. It's such a long time ago now since I started (on the first of August 1978) but I have it my head that it might have been 2 weeks in arrears and 2 weeks in advance.

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I have never worked for a company in the 18 years I have had a job that pays weekly, or mid-month. Always end of month.

In terms of January's pay, is there any actual confirmation that we haven't or can't pay the wages or is it just an assumption that is being made in this thread?

An assumption on this thread. 

Initially, the mention of pay day being the 15th came from Sky, on 13th Jan, reporting the latest cash flow problems, and DCFC not being able to pay either the December 15th balance, or the upcoming January (15th) wage...

First mention I can find on here was posted on the 13th Jan, at 18:22, first post on page 328 of the Abu Derby thread, by @Nuwtfly...

Pretty certain that was followed up in writing (SKY Twitter, I presume, but can't be arsed to search any more... the above took me half an hour to find!  ??) and was the cue for all the Administration related bed wetting.

Check from page 328 onwards (of the Abu Derby thread) for related tweets etc?

Assume Sky have now amended tweets, to remove mention of the 15th?  ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If nothing happens by Monday I hope the players and management downtools and force the issue. This just can't continue. If our employees weren't paid I wouldn't dream of expecting them to work. 

I hope they don’t. Down tools - I think they realise what’s going on - covid world - no crowd - no income - potential for it to improve 

the whole football world of the EFL is ducked 

Archived