Derby Fail to Pay Players On Time (Again)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news that the players have been paid but people expecting signings to fly through the door might not want to get to excited, we are still skint and have to think of the future of the club, hopefully we can still bring in 1 or 2 players but it’ll likely be free or on the cheap

Just now, Topram said:

Good news that the players have been paid but people expecting signings to fly through the door might not want to get to excited, we are still skint and have to think of the future of the club, hopefully we can still bring in 1 or 2 players but it’ll likely be free or on the cheap

Another CKR type striker and loan cover at CB. Is that the bare minimum we need? Perhaps add a loan AM who can create chances?

With Lawrence and Zoon and Gordon out goings , perhaps Carson

I’d be happy if that happened this week

1 hour ago, BuckoBeast said:

Really excited about the players lined up. Jones, Ince and Niasse (as rumoured) would all be good additions. Jones although ridiculed in the Prem, would be an immense addition next to Clarke. Quick and aggressive. We know Ince has creativity and quality. And Niasse would offer more mobility up top 

Is this the same Jones that’s barely played in the last year and a half due to being mostly on the treatment table?

ability wise fine but I’d have huge concerns on him putting a run of games together

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Is this the same Jones that’s barely played in the last year and a half due to being mostly on the treatment table?

ability wise fine but I’d have huge concerns on him putting a run of games together

If he didn't have injury problems and worries there's not way he would potentially be joining the rams , if we can keep him injury free then could be a real coup

CB and ST would be a good outcome given the circumstances.

Wisdom has been decent and our defensive record speaks for itself but we need competition. Wisdom has had stinkers in the past, his form might not stay where it is for the rest of the season. Got to have decent cover.

We’ll see if this Tyler Roberts thing is legitimate or not, Ryan Conway has repeatedly mentioned it so I think there’s substance to it. If that’s who Rooney wants, I like it but if we can’t get him then seems sensible to go after a target man? Kazim is ancient, we’d really miss him if he went out with an injury and there’s no player in the squad like him.

Would have been in favour of Waghorn leaving before January but with the takeover shambles you’d rather hang onto him just in case. Will be a kick in the teeth if he leaves for free in the summer though, we’re led to believe a fair chunk of money was spent on him and he’ll be yet another player we see no return on investment for.

31 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Another CKR type striker and loan cover at CB. Is that the bare minimum we need? Perhaps add a loan AM who can create chances?

With Lawrence and Zoon and Gordon out goings , perhaps Carson

I’d be happy if that happened this week

Can’t see lawrence going, not sure who’d pay the money, we need another striker probably a loan CB just to keep things ticking, I think that would be enough to keep us up but I’d like another attacking forward aswell just to help add goals

23 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

If he didn't have injury problems and worries there's not way he would potentially be joining the rams , if we can keep him injury free then could be a real coup

Of course but the risk would outweigh the positives for me on a player that’s barely played for a year and a half

There is now two charges on the clubs from MSD one on the leasehold of the stadium in August of last year and a newer one in October on the training ground. It seems to be a charge whereby we can increase the debt where required similar to a credit limit. 

3 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Potential new player: "but will I get paid?"

Club rep, holding crossed fingers behind back: "yeah, yeah just sign on the dotted line"

Seriously.... This cash flow problem is not just for 1-2 months, is it?

I have to ask - ‘ when are the January wages due?’ 

Archived