New Manager

dantheram

Do some fans really believe we should have appointed another permanent manager with a potential sale of the Club imminent? Any of the names being mentioned would want certain guarantees, which Mel Morris would have been unwilling or more likely, unable to give without agreement from the prospective new owners.

This is NOT Football Manager!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, mr kia said:

I've a feeling wayne will be given the job till at least the end of the season. 

You might be right, I've given up looking at the bookie odds, they're all over the shop. 

I would just like someone who is going to take ownership of the team, someone we can love and that someone to have the same feeling to the club. If Wayne does well it will just seem a matter of time before he walks for Everton/Man Utd.blues brothers jake and elwood GIF''Someone to lurve...''

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Do some fans really believe we should have appointed another permanent manager with a potential sale of the Club imminent? Any of the names being mentioned would want certain guarantees, which Mel Morris would have been unwilling or more likely, unable to give without agreement from the prospective new owners.

This is NOT Football Manager!

Hasn't stopped them appointing a technical Director. As I've said a few times now, why not use Mac as the interim coach while the wheels turn on the takeover deal? Rooney would be bottom of my list which means he's almost certain to get the gig now ?

market still has no idea

evens Terry

11/8 rooney

4/1 cooper

Like a few have said Rooney until the new owners are in would not be a bad call..whatever people say about him on here, his professional colleagues that have known him for years say he has a fantastic footballing brain so why not..

He might have a football for a brain but we need a manager with experience to dig us out of this hole. Rooney or Terry are not a good idea in this position. (Terry is a bad idea full stop) 

Im not saying Fat Sam but someone with actual experience, hopefully plays a bit of football. Id give Paul Cook a chance

I’d be all for it if we were in a less precarious position Yani, I enjoyed Lampard’s season on the whole, but is putting a rookie manager in when you’re bottom of the table and bereft of belief the wisest thing to do ?

It goes without saying I hope he does well and can emulate Lampard and galvanise the team and the fans but I must admit to being slightly apprehensive. ?

52 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Hasn't stopped them appointing a technical Director. As I've said a few times now, why not use Mac as the interim coach while the wheels turn on the takeover deal? Rooney would be bottom of my list which means he's almost certain to get the gig now ?

But it has,Mac is not a permanent member of staff unit the takeover has been completed. Not difficult to work out why given he has been sacked twice by the current owner, giving. It Rooney whilst this takeover is being completed makes perfect sense.

3 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

But it has,Mac is not a permanent member of staff unit the takeover has been completed. Not difficult to work out why given he has been sacked twice by the current owner, giving. It Rooney whilst this takeover is being completed makes perfect sense.

Makes no sense to me....if McClaren isn't coaching, or managing and in your assertion he is only temporary, then that the hell is he doing? 

He must presume he is here for the long haul with a strategic role, so why not manage the team for a few weeks until we get a permanent manager. 

30 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Makes no sense to me....if McClaren isn't coaching, or managing and in your assertion he is only temporary, then that the hell is he doing? 

He must presume he is here for the long haul with a strategic role, so why not manage the team for a few weeks until we get a permanent manager. 

You can only presume he is for the long haul though if the takeover goes through, for me he has been brought in by new owners purely by the statement that says he will only become permanent once the takeover has been finalised. 

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

market still has no idea

evens Terry

11/8 rooney

4/1 cooper

Like a few have said Rooney until the new owners are in would not be a bad call..whatever people say about him on here, his professional colleagues that have known him for years say he has a fantastic footballing brain so why not..

Wish everyone would stop putting these bookmakers prices up on the next manager it's rubbish you put £10 on with a bookmaker now and they shorten the odds.

I'm not a big gambler but I'm banned by Paddy Power,  Hills , Befred, Bet 365, Ladbrokes etc there not bookies now it's all rubbish and marketing trying to get non gamblers to follow the market . Terry was 1/8 the other day never in a million years put £5 on now days and the bookies run for cover. 

2 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

I take it that Paddy Power is an Irish chap who set up a betting business? He must have won more than he lost then - something that isn’t happening to me right now. 
I thought Rafa was going to be manager, then Big Sam, then Wayne. I’m not putting any more of my money into someone else’s pockets. 
I might put my last pound on John Terry. 

Bookies aren't interested in who the next manager will be. They will adjust their odds according to the amount of money placed on each and every possible candidate, ensuring they make money irrespective of who is appointed.

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would be very disappointed if he becomes our manager. Loads of managers with loads more experience and credentials available.

Would also mean he will have to play every game if fit.

Will we be worse off with Rooney as a player or Rooney as manager? That's the trade off right now I suspect. 

58 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

You can only presume he is for the long haul though if the takeover goes through, for me he has been brought in by new owners purely by the statement that says he will only become permanent once the takeover has been finalised. 

Nobody is presuming anything though, bar your good self. We're saying until the takeover is finalised, get Mac coaching the team not Rooney. What bit of that don't you get and on what basis does Rooney make sense? You need to read what folk are actually posting.

2 hours ago, Yani P said:

market still has no idea

evens Terry

11/8 rooney

4/1 cooper

On the performances evidenced so far with Rooney having a hand in matters what gives you the assertion that having him in will be a good call (with your double negative)?

He might have a good footballing brain on the pitch but I've seen nothing to convince me off the pitch that he would make an adequate manager. 

Given the parlous situation we are in its really not the time to be meddling with dynamite.

Archived