New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rynny said:

Dimmu is in Finland, we've got an ex-player managing that is Finnish.... 

First off, Simo Valakari, welcome back to Derby County. 

I can rule both, me and Simo, out of the running. Neither has been contacted by the club, Simo just started in a new job and I'm retired from the football.

If had any serious aspirations of being manager as he said at the start he should have always put himself on the touchline. 

Ryan Conway saying it's a big call to make Rooney the main leader because Rosenior has coaching badges.

They maybe so. But badges don't mean anything when you are utterly inept at picking a team and leaving players out that shouldn't be.

I'm still absolutely amazed that we haven't got a manager yet. 

We don't need Rooney. We don't need Rosenior. 

We need a new manager with a new voice and fresh ideas. 

Somehow we need to find a way to stay up. Because in the summer it's going to be a big big job.

There's quite a few players here who's contract is up. So it's going to be quite an overhaul. 

51 minutes ago, DerbyNutter said:

And who would that be then?

Hard to say, I fear breaking forum protocols should I give my opinion after reading an appeal earlier today about the possibility of players reading the forum and being affected by negativity.

Suffice to say, bad as you believe your choice of player is, I believe my choice is less valuable to the team effort and his contribution of late would not be missed. ?

28 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I can rule both, me and Simo, out of the running. Neither has been contacted by the club, Simo just started in a new job and I'm retired from the 

And yet no response to the @dlm77 conclusion of JT, which i suggested fits your clue about the timing of announcement.....telling by not telling.....

59 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

So we have Mac on the payroll but we're letting someone who doesn't even have his coaching badges take the reins.

WTAF is going on?

Now that I have stopped walking around wailing after last night's result ...

I have to think that logically the take-over must be fairly close - maybe an announcement Tues/Wed next week.

Mac could have certainly been brought in to help select a new manager ... or who better to explain to new owners/a complete new management set-up our unique culture? ('No, when the fans are shifting about grumbling that means they are happy ... when they are silent with crossed arms, that's bad')

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

So we have Mac on the payroll but we're letting someone who doesn't even have his coaching badges take the reins.

WTAF is going on?

This.... A million times over. 

Absolutely mental decision. 

Bring in a manager who has managed the England team, managed in Europe and done a good job here twice, as well as reputation as one of the best coaches around

... And you let Wayne Fricking Rooney manage the team. 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Bring in a manager who has managed the England team, managed in Europe and done a good job here twice, as well as reputation as one of the best coaches around

... And you let Wayne Fricking Rooney manage the team. 

Perhaps Mac's had enough of being on the firing line?

11 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet. I hope this is a case of Sky misreporting but could it be that Rooney is now the long term appointment?

I hope for the sake of the club that isn’t the case. Would be an awful decision from the club yet again.

BD261F8F-B3BA-44D6-BB56-5C1F1F5173D1.thumb.jpeg.bb98ed9a988500399a7109ba5fd9f396.jpeg

It's for the game on Saturday. No decision expected on the manager until takeover goes through, say Sky.. 

13 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet. I hope this is a case of Sky misreporting but could it be that Rooney is now the long term appointment?

I hope for the sake of the club that isn’t the case. Would be an awful decision from the club yet again.

BD261F8F-B3BA-44D6-BB56-5C1F1F5173D1.thumb.jpeg.bb98ed9a988500399a7109ba5fd9f396.jpeg

No it isn’t. Just reporting he’s taking charge for the Wycombe game and that Derby still haven’t decided on long term manager.

If he wins the next 2 games though reckon he could get it

21 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I have to think that logically the take-over must be fairly close - maybe an announcement Tues/Wed next week.

Mac could have certainly been brought in to help select a new manager ... or who better to explain to new owners/a complete new management set-up our unique culture? ('No, when the fans are shifting about grumbling that means they are happy ... when they are silent with crossed arms, that's bad')

Yes Mr Sheikh, here is the league table you asked to see. Look, we are now at the top! Ignore all those numbers, they don't actually mean anything.....

inverted table.png

3 minutes ago, MikeS said:

It's for the game on Saturday. No decision expected on the manager until takeover goes through, say Sky.. 

this takeover will relegate us, it was clear in late September we were a mess, 2 months later we are still getting worse and the excuse is still the same; poo or get off the toilet.  

Archived