New Manager

dantheram

46 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Nobody is presuming anything though, bar your good self. We're saying until the takeover is finalised, get Mac coaching the team not Rooney. What bit of that don't you get and on what basis does Rooney make sense? You need to read what folk are actually posting.

You not the sort of person who thinks because you posted it, it has to be true do you...scratch that I seen some off your other posts and judging by the tone of this you are ?

We are in the middle of a multi million pound takeover, just because you don't like or rate Rooney doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Could you run that by me again, but this time in English? 

Easy, Mel and the potential new owners think it's make sense to employ Mac as a technical director, with Rooney as interim manager. A few fans don't quite understand that....that better for you or do you need it in audio ?

7 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Easy, Mel and the potential new owners think it's make sense to employ Mac as a technical director, with Rooney as interim manager. A few fans don't quite understand that....that better for you or do you need it in audio ?

We get that matey, but the question that's been put to you half a dozen times is not what has happened, we're all aware of that thanks, but why you think Rooney is better placed to to coach the team than Mac, interim appointment or otherwise?

Is that better for you or do you need the question written in crayon? ?

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

We get that matey, but the question that's been put to you half a dozen times is not what has happened, we're all aware of that thanks, but why you think Rooney is better placed to to coach the team than Mac, interim appointment or otherwise?

I agree but I fear the new owner-in-waiting is wanting Rooney to be up front and central.

3 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’d be all for it if we were in a less precarious position Yani, I enjoyed Lampard’s season on the whole, but is putting a rookie manager in when you’re bottom of the table and bereft of belief the wisest thing to do ?

It goes without saying I hope he does well and can emulate Lampard and galvanise the team and the fans but I must admit to being slightly apprehensive. ?

I know where you are coming from Pearl. If I'm honest, I just don't see Rooney even in the same league as Frank was when he started. For Mr Morris, or any other chairman thinking of giving a former player his first management job, Frank Lampard was an absolute gift. He is articulate, ethical, charismatic, motivational and knows the game. He understands and is respected current players.  

Nothing against Rooney, but I think it would be better for all concerned, if he left DCFC, and went off to have go at football management elsewhere.

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Crayon is good. Don't think I have once said he is, maybe you can show me where I have ? 
I have said and will maintain the view that from a business perspective it makes perfect sense, MM has been criticised many times, me included for making bad football decisions, on this one he is covering both possible outcomes of this takeover.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I agree but I fear the new owner-in-waiting is wanting Rooney to be up front and central.

Looks that way buddy, which doesn't exactly bode well for our prospects based on what we've seen thus far. The only benefit I can see is that he's finally acknowledged his presence on the pitch isn't helping. I guess now we need him to ascertain whether or not his influence from off the field is a help or a hindrance. 

It does rather seem it's all about Wayne and what he wants, rather than the best interests of the club and that's what makes me nervous. Would a win against Wycombe justify extending the experiment, I wonder? We seem to be lurching from one poor decision to another right now. We desperately need points right now, but securing a win tomorrow may saddle us with a coach who's not even completed his badges yet. Worse still, @RoyMac5 has now dubbed us 'Rooney's Rams!

team america vomit GIF

9 minutes ago, europia said:

I know where you are coming from Pearl. If I'm honest, I just don't see Rooney even in the same league as Frank was when he started. For Mr Morris, or any other chairman thinking of giving a former player his first management job, Frank Lampard was an absolute gift. He is articulate, ethical, charismatic, motivational and knows the game. He understands and is respected current players.  

Nothing against Rooney, but I think it would be better for all concerned, if he left DCFC, and went off to have go at football management elsewhere.

Total respect for your opinion europia, and I’ve got a bit of trepidation about the next few weeks but I’m going to give the guy a break and wish him the best coz if he get’s them looking like a team and winning some games, we’re getting points on the board.

Would I have given him the job ? I don’t think I would but he’s got it and I can’t do anything about that so I must wish him well for the sake of our club. ? 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because he knows as much about football as many others. He's experienced football at a high level. He will attract attention and players. Etc. Oh and it's Wayne ducking Rooney! ? #COYR

Oh yeh, he'll attract attention..... that'll do the job then ?

19 minutes ago, europia said:

Preferably on a PlayStation ?

47 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

It does rather seem it's all about Wayne and what he wants

Yeah, that troubles me too.

I like some of the things he says in his press conferences, about being a student of the game, how he wants the players to get back to basics, play with freedom and so forth.

But it's conspicuous - by its absence - how often he mentions Derby County whenever he talks.

I've said it in a couple of other threads, how Lampard always paid due deference to Derby County Football Club. I've not once seen Rooney do that.

Ok, he's not as articulate but a mention of where he's at wouldn't go amiss. He talks more about his desire to go into management than he does about our great football club fighting off relegation to the third tier (football not Covid) whereas we should be scrapping at the other end.

Archived