New Manager

dantheram

16 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Depends on the timing of the take over but -

Right now with no take over ....Sam Allardyce ... 

Objectives -

1. PARK THE BUS ... stop relegation  

2. Spot passengers/strolling mercenaries and hoof out.

All depends on the takeover timing ... could be that the moment it happens things will move fast and they will sweep in, without sentimentality for some people's feelings, and install a new manager/structure. Then see the objectives above.

Mac has to take charge and stop the rot right now though.

I believe Allardyce or someone like Roy Keane would be the best candidates for the job, I think John Terry is to inexperienced. Eddie Howe and Paul Cook would do well. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I am soo sick of people in general bringing stuff up from ancient history and exploiting the current paranoia. Sticks and stone will break my bones but calling names won't hurt me. For goodness sake can some people not just grow a skin, or at least a thicker one.

Spot on youth, I mean bringing up History aye, When Adolf said to the German armed forces...Poland is that way, We should forget what history has done.

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I am soo sick of people in general bringing stuff up from ancient history and exploiting the current paranoia. Sticks and stone will break my bones but calling names won't hurt me. For goodness sake can some people not just grow a skin, or at least a thicker one.

Ferdinand by his own admission was the instigator of the verbals, so are we supposed to say one form of verbal abuse is ok, but not another i.e. racism. 

It seems as though society is afraid to say anything that could possibly perceived to be classed as racist, but say anything else and you are ok. 

I don't personally see colour when speaking with anyone, yes I accept there has been racism, but there has been lots of injustices in the past. I don't think we should hide or shy away from our past but endeavour to be better. 

BUT all this paranoia from the media and certain celebrities and sport people jumping on any old bandwagon does my head in. 

Fantastic post 

Honestly Paul Cook is a genuine option at the moment who I think would be a really good fit for the club in general and bring some much needed stability (even in the event we go down, you'd think he'd stick around). Sure, he's not going to get fans excited like some of the names being mentioned, but he did a tougher job with Wigan last year and he has a history of success in the lower leagues, he's gotta be the man. 

15 minutes ago, James Pond said:

I'm one of those guys that is less than perfect and done things others would shy away from, But i'm a firm believer in loyalty, He cheated on his Wife with another players Wife, That's enough for me to say...move along Terry you're not for me.

Same, everyone makes mistakes, Terry seems to make multiple serious ones that reflect his integrity and empathy so same, no thanks. 

We have Mac lined up for a job. Just put him in charge before Saturday. He would do it - he loves the club and wouldn't want to see us go down.

He wouldn't be the most inspiring appointment, but I have no doubt that he would sort us out in the short term, at least.

It's got to the point where we are drifting off and it needs to change now. A manager like Mac can do that. We've seen it twice before. 

25 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Where are all the ITK-ers today??  We need our daily fix of facts that aren't yet in the public domain!!

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Didn't Richard say we'll have a new temporary manager today?

He might have been right but, after watching the game last night, the person concerned has turned his phone off.

20 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

As Ed Dawes has said we don't want a rookie manager. We need an experienced one who can motivate players.

We need a GOOD Manager. Doesn’t take some sort of rain man Einstein to figure that out. 
what we don’t need is a manager who is going to “swear at the players” if the  numptey thinks that is all that is missing then he has no hope. 

Just appoint somebody now!! Anybody, I don't care anymore (Well not Billy Davies).

I cannot take the uncertainty anymore. Just get it done.

My neighbour's grandmother's cat. Anybody. One manager/Head coach/ Not a committee.

Please.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. I'd like to say that it has helped but it hasn't really. I'm going for a lie down in a darkened room.

19 minutes ago, CocuBarmyArmy said:

Honestly Paul Cook is a genuine option at the moment who I think would be a really good fit for the club in general and bring some much needed stability (even in the event we go down, you'd think he'd stick around). Sure, he's not going to get fans excited like some of the names being mentioned, but he did a tougher job with Wigan last year and he has a history of success in the lower leagues, he's gotta be the man. 

Paul Cook? Let me just remind fans of the last ex Wigan manager we employed.He took little Wigan from League One up into the heights of Championship..on crowds of about 5,000..Then amazingly he got them promoted into the promised land of the Premier League...and kept them there! Just for good measure he also took perrinenial underachievers Bradford City into the dizzy heights of the Premier League..and kept them there! His achievements blow Paul Cooks out of the water.Ladies and Gentlemen I give you...

Just now, Patrick Rams said:

Paul Cook? Let me just remind fans of the last ex Wigan manager we employed.He took little Wigan from League One up into the heights of Championship..on crowds of about 5,000..Then amazingly he got them promoted into the promised land of the Premier League...and kept them there! Just for good measure he also took perrinenial underachievers Bradford City into the dizzy heights of the Premier League..and kept them there! His achievements blow Paul Cooks out of the water.Ladies and Gentlemen I give you...

You can't use Paul Jewell as a reason not to hire Paul Cook

Something has shortened on me too today. It must be the cold weather. 

Incidentally it’s very remiss of Richard not to break more news of the impending appointment. He obviously has no care for his fellow forum members who are losing money unnecessarily to the bet Victor chap hand over fist. 

Archived