New Manager

dantheram

I do like Paul Cook, but I don't think he's the cut and dry success that he's made out to be by some on here. I don't think there is ever a thing as a guaranteed success. 

Allardyce is one that springs to mind because he has improved the situation of every club he's been at from the point he took over. Nevertheless, it's still not guaranteed as it's not an exact science. The interview process needs to be extremely well thought-out and carried out to a high level. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Where are all the ITK-ers today??  We need our daily fix of facts that aren't yet in the public domain!!

I can be ITK today, if no else is showing up!!

I've heard from very reliable source who our manager will be. Interesting name, but unfortunately I can't tell it to you guys. Even the time we announce him will be shock for some of you.

Be warned, be prepared. Some will like this one, some might loath him. Certainly interesting times ahead!

4 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

Paul Cook? Let me just remind fans of the last ex Wigan manager we employed.He took little Wigan from League One up into the heights of Championship..on crowds of about 5,000..Then amazingly he got them promoted into the promised land of the Premier League...and kept them there! Just for good measure he also took perrinenial underachievers Bradford City into the dizzy heights of the Premier League..and kept them there! His achievements blow Paul Cooks out of the water.Ladies and Gentlemen I give you...

When you hire anyone though risk is part of the business, you can only look to circumvent it, you can never eliminate it. I do get what your saying, and sure Paul Cook may see us to League 1, but on the basis of probability you would argue he has the best change of keeping us up bar Allardyce who I feel is a unrealistic target for our current position. 

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

I've heard from very reliable source who our manager will be. Interesting name, but unfortunately I can't tell it to you guys. Even the time we announce him will be shock for some of you.

Be warned, be prepared. Some will like this one, some might loath him. Certainly interesting times ahead!

Would you consider him to be a “big name” out of the box appointment or someone who’s on the usual managerial merry go round?

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Would you consider him to be a “big name” out of the box appointment or someone who’s on the usual managerial merry go round?

Sorry, mate can't tell you so straightforward. If I would, it might blow the cover of my source if you know what I mean.

But you might be onto something with your suggestions...

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You can't use Paul Jewell as a reason not to hire Paul Cook

No you can't..I'm not suggesting that...just pointing out that previous achievements aren't a guarantee of success at Pride Park.Paul Jewell had a fantastic CV prior to joining us and we know how that turned out.So just a note of caution.

6 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Interesting name? How so?

Does his name have now vowels, or is the name exactly the same in reverse, or does his surname rhyme with satsuma?

11 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Sorry, mate can't tell you so straightforward. If I would, it might blow the cover of my source if you know what I mean.

I get that, no worries 

when you say suggestions, do you mean my previous recommendations for manager per chance? 

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I do like Paul Cook, but I don't think he's the cut and dry success that he's made out to be by some on here. I don't think there is ever a thing as a guaranteed success. 

Allardyce is one that springs to mind because he has improved the situation of every club he's been at from the point he took over. Nevertheless, it's still not guaranteed as it's not an exact science. The interview process needs to be extremely well thought-out and carried out to a high level. 

Agree and am genuinely worried now that the more experienced players ( not all of them ) would make life difficult for a new manager as they don't seem to be bothered although I'm hopeful I'm wrong, we as fans care like hell but what is difficult to get your head around is that players are not fans and player power seems to rule now.

For this reason I'd like Rooney and certain other players like Holmes,Lawrence and a few others to be pushed aside and for the youngters to be given a go with a couple of strikers added in jan.

As someone has already mentioned though this is no game of football manager and to motivate / move on / move in players to get the right blend is no easy task and looking from a fans point of view all we ask for is commitment and effort towards the cause, agree Cook might not be big enough to sort this out and Rooney's influence may not be helpful if he was not to get the job might make things worse.

For me the next decision on who takes over is more critical than ever and there needs to be a solid plan to get us out of this mess and may mean getting players onside that you may not want to keep.

I personally do not see this as a job for a total rookie ....big decisions to be made and lets hope for us fans sake that its a good decision

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

That’ll be alright then based on previous processes at this club

55 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

44 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I get that, no worries 

when you say suggestions, do you mean my previous recommendations for manager per chance? 

Dimmu is in Finland, we've got an ex-player managing that is Finnish.... 

First off, Simo Valakari, welcome back to Derby County. 

46 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I get that, no worries 

Derbados , I know the answer to this but just checking that you do , What were your previous recommendations ?

I think the more important question is when as opposed to who. The longer we leave it there is a possibility a preferred choice could think, “Nah, I’d need more time to sort out that shower of ****”

Forgot to add because they might not want a relegation on their CV. 

Archived