New Manager

dantheram

At this point I dont care who the new manager is as long as its not Rooney or Rosenior.

Whethers its someone inexperienced like Terry or an old head like Allardyce, they have the same remit and thats to bang some heads together and put an arm around others. 

Id have liked them in ready for these 2 home games but that looks unlikely, I just hope if we win on sat that doesnt keep Rooney or Rosenior in the frame.

If it does turn out to be Terry im sure he will have either McClaren or another old head beside him anyway. The whole racist debate is years old, who knows what Ferdinand said to Terry? Maybe he said you White 'insert any expletive' - does that make it right, no, but it gives another side to the story regards racism. I'm brown skinned and this day & age even I dont know what i can call myself its pathetic with all these snowflakes about!

Anyway, back to a manager. Whoever it is, some will like, most wont but thats just our fanbase. We have tried all different types so lets just see what happens, back whoever it is and hope they can get these players playing to their full ability as they're not bad players they just need help turning this around. Most of them were here last year and got us top 10 and at one point the form team in the league for a long time

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

No worries, Tom. I saw that you had! Don't worry!

But as this point has been made by a few posters over the last few weeks, it's more aimed generally for everyone! ?

I think it’s the easiest explanation for people. 

The fact is Rooney play’s regardless of form so people wonder why and weird contractual agreements like his spark suspicion!

The reality is if it’s not the contract, then it’s rank bad management!

Depends on the timing of the take over but -

Right now with no take over ....Sam Allardyce ... 

Objectives -

1. PARK THE BUS ... stop relegation  

2. Spot passengers/strolling mercenaries and hoof out.

All depends on the takeover timing ... could be that the moment it happens things will move fast and they will sweep in, without sentimentality for some people's feelings, and install a new manager/structure. Then see the objectives above.

Mac has to take charge and stop the rot right now though.

8 minutes ago, WNC Ram said:

I'm worried about the toxic influence of a disgruntled Rooney if he isn't in the management team. He's already a toxic asset in wasting a shirt and being utter baalocks as a 'captain'. I'd like to see us get shot of him entirely asap.

It shows Rooney's commitment to Derby when he has to commute 2 hours every day to work. Imagine how many times his left hand keeps dipping into the sweet packet in the centre console. 

3 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Cook’s odds have shortened to 12/1 this afternoon. Joint 3rd behind Rooney now with Allardyce.

Everyone needs to stop looking at manager odds. Rafa has been favourite, Big Sam and now Terry. Each time a load of people then get excited and talk like it’s done and happening and ultimately it doesn’t and the next day there’s a new favourite. I can’t see a new manager without the new owners in first and who knows when that may happen. I’m normally positive and fairly level headed (I think anyway) but I see this getting even worse before it gets better. 

Quite apparent Rooney and company are not ready to manage, i say this not just because of recent results but due to the team selection including the bench,their persona hardly installs confidence.

player confidence is non evident. Rooney said a change was needed??? implying he was aware of what needed changing ,putting himself forward for the job it appears the biggest change needed is for him to presently stay off the pitch and implement the apparent changes he allegedly identified .

Players don't become arsh%les  overnight, Waghorn ,Lawrence ect are more than capable at this level. I don't understand how the take over effects players performance, any lack of confidence should be eradicated with the implementation of new managers .

If Rooney and co can't motivate the players they shouldn't be in charge. Disappointing that players aren't stepping up to the plate and sympathies with new signings and the academy players coming into the fore at the moment.

We are a shambles and need leadership and direction from a qualified experienced manager who can identify and eradicate problems .Who with such experience would want that position is questionable and the new owners need to step forward and make an impression.

5 hours ago, goldstar said:

I hope we don't get Terry, so sick of celebrity footballers. Obviously like Cocu, it's no good employing a lovely gentleman of a manager who cannot get us winning games. 

However, I still remember what Terry did to that shop worker girl and that to me says everything about his character and along with everything else that's come out about him, i want him nowhere near this club. 

I'm one of those guys that is less than perfect and done things others would shy away from, But i'm a firm believer in loyalty, He cheated on his Wife with another players Wife, That's enough for me to say...move along Terry you're not for me.

Archived