11 points

kevinhectoring

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I still think is a wind up.  Surely you can't want us saddled with this record forever, especially over a manager who didn't want to stay anyway.  Your just being a cheeky monkey aren't you

No I genuinely do want to keep the record. Maybe I would feel differently if It was a team I couldn’t stand like Newcastle or Sheffield Wednesday but I really like the blades. 

Pleased for Sheff Utd and always thought they will get to 20 points comfortably, never mind 11. 

Having said that, I don't view that as a handball. I don't understand why handling the ball whilst clearly having your shirt pulled before and during the incident takes precedence over the shirt pulling. You could argue that the shirt pulling caused the handball but it does not really matter as shirt pulling is a foul and happened before the handball offence. 

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

No I genuinely do want to keep the record. Maybe I would feel differently if It was a team I couldn’t stand like Newcastle or Sheffield Wednesday but I really like the blades. 

I kinda second that, we have to be good at something....

...just turns out we’re good at being the worst team the Premier League has and ever will see.

Yeah, mixed feelings about this. I would love someone to beat our record but it would be hell of an acheivement. Back in the late 70s I used to alternate between the BBG when we were at home and Bramall Lane with a Blade mate when we played away (back in the Alex Sabella days) (cdnt afford to travel!) so I do keep wanting them to lose so we get rid of that record, just wush it was a different team to Sheff Utd. Boro, no, got no affection to Boro at all, please god let it be them one day!!!

58 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I kinda second that, we have to be good at something....

...just turns out we’re good at being the worst team the Premier League has and ever will see.

Yep, to my mind we don’t really deserve to lose that record, I still believe on many fronts we were set up to fail that season and just made the job easier for ourselves as we went along; it will take the mother of all cluster***ks for anyone to take that achievement away from us.

After watching Sheffield tonight though one thing is sure ...they are a much better side than the embarrassing shambles that we were that season ...so they don’t deserve to break the record and don’t think they will 

Archived