11 points

kevinhectoring

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

But aren’t pretty much all records broken eventually ?

In theory yes.

But it took 116 years for our FA Cup Final score just to be matched.  Still remains unbeaten, now standing at 118 years.

EDIT:
I'd also add, it must surely be more likely that some team or other could be worse than that over a single one off game.  Being worse than us over a full 38 game season, week in, week out, would be more unlikely, perhaps?   

Edited by Mucker1884

24 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

In theory yes.

But it took 116 years for our FA Cup Final score just to be matched.  Still remains unbeaten, now standing at 118 years.

EDIT:
I'd also add, it must surely be more likely that some team or other could be worse than that over a single one off game.  Being worse than us over a full 38 game season, week in, week out, would be more unlikely, perhaps?   

Most likely it will eventually be beaten because of a points deduction     Sadly 

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Most likely it will eventually be beaten because of a points deduction     Sadly 

history tells us that that will not necessarily be true.  it has happened and we still hold the record

30 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

In theory yes.

EDIT:

Not necessarily. The rules have been changed after that game specifically to stop things like that happening again. 

if I remember correctly, didn’t our goalkeeper get injured with no substitutions or something?

Watford lost by that margin cos they were a bit mediocre with a relatively easy (some would say forest-esque) run to the final, coming up against a ridiculously clinical Man City. 

normally, the two teams that make it all the way to the final should be relatively evenly matched. You’d need something to happen like a player sent off in the first 10 minutes to create a situation like ours again. 

54 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Not necessarily. The rules have been changed after that game specifically to stop things like that happening again. 

if I remember correctly, didn’t our goalkeeper get injured with no substitutions or something?

Watford lost by that margin cos they were a bit mediocre with a relatively easy (some would say forest-esque) run to the final, coming up against a ridiculously clinical Man City. 

normally, the two teams that make it all the way to the final should be relatively evenly matched. You’d need something to happen like a player sent off in the first 10 minutes to create a situation like ours again. 

I think we had 3 goalies play that day, 2 outfield players.  The main one was already injured but refused to give way.  Pretty much caused our own downfall

6 hours ago, Spanish said:

I think we had 3 goalies play that day, 2 outfield players.  The main one was already injured but refused to give way.  Pretty much caused our own downfall

And Bloomer missed the game through injury. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Our best chance of our 11 point record being broken is Barnsley being promoted through the playoffs.

Come on Barnsley!!!

Barnsley actually have some incredibly wealthy owners, a promotion could see them open up the purse strings as the Premier League can offer a sustainable and growing revenue if you can stay within it. The Championship by comparison is a cesspit where clubs come to wallow in glories of yesteryear. 

Ironically, however, I think Norwich genuinely do not have massively wealthy backers but seem to keep themselves competitive. They will probably come straight back down again, though. 

The very best chance we have of seeing our record beaten is when we eventually reach the prem again .

"We'll be back in 31" 

"We'll be back in 31" 

Sung as a tribute to commemorate 50 years since 

"We'll be back in 81" 

Ah the halcyon days of Biley , Swindlehurst . .......and Emson .

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Barnsley actually have some incredibly wealthy owners, a promotion could see them open up the purse strings as the Premier League can offer a sustainable and growing revenue if you can stay within it. The Championship by comparison is a cesspit where clubs come to wallow in glories of yesteryear. 

Ironically, however, I think Norwich genuinely do not have massively wealthy backers but seem to keep themselves competitive. They will probably come straight back down again, though. 

Yeah I know about Barnsley’s backers and that’s a good point. Depends how much they want to put in though. They’ve not shown any sign of big backing so far, unless they’re biding their time. That squad needs a major overhaul, as it stands it wouldn’t be cut out for the premier league. Im amazed they’re in the top 6, lots of parallels to our promotion season.

Edited by BramcoteRam84