11 points

kevinhectoring

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Sheff Utd on one point after 12 games have a great chance of getting less than 11 Prem points. Excellent proper fans' Club nonetheless. 

A hell of a lot of things went wrong for us that season... I just can’t see it happening again. And in a strange way it’s our record... forest fans take the piss but at least we were there! 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not quite true. Could easily have got another two points at Newcastle but for a Moore error.Both Bolton games too, Both Fulham games, Pompey at home, both Chelsea (disallowed goal) and Liverpool (foul on Mears) at home could’ve been very different. There were obviously major tonkings, but all in all, there were ten games we weren’t bad, Man City away too. 

I remember coming out of the Man City game thinking we’d held our own and we’d do alright that season. 

** sad trombone **

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

The Blades on course to smash our record. I'm beginning to look for their result before anyone else in the PL. What are the chances?

If they have 5 points at the 35 game mark I'll give it a chance.  As they only lose by the odd goal the chances are they'll have a few wins by then .  Even 3 wins and a couple of draws  would be enough. Thats how pants we were for 4 and half months. Up till January we could easily have picked up another 10 points. We were miles better than Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle- away. Missed penalties in draws against Fulham and maybe Blackburn . No doubt we were clearly going down but  we decided to go comatose and wilt completely with 15/ 16 games of the season left and that left this stain we can't shift.

28 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I love our fans.   I hadn't thought anyone would be disappointed for the record to be broken ?

I agree with him. That’s our record, no one can take it away from us. 

If someone did I’ll probably change my tune and say thank duck for that. But as that’s not very likely, I prefer to own that poo. 

like if you made the worst film in history, I guarantee that you’d get invited to more comic cons and things than if you’d just made a film that was a bit crap. It’s becomes a cult classic. That season is a cult classic and Claude Davis is a legend. 

29 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I agree with him. That’s our record, no one can take it away from us. 

If someone did I’ll probably change my tune and say thank duck for that. But as that’s not very likely, I prefer to own that poo. 

like if you made the worst film in history, I guarantee that you’d get invited to more comic cons and things than if you’d just made a film that was a bit crap. It’s becomes a cult classic. That season is a cult classic and Claude Davis is a legend. 

Good for you to for not  taking it too seriously, I started supporting Derby after the relegation ironically but if we had a season like that in the Prem now I think I'd still be abit disgusted by it 10 years later. The more I'd go and see us pumped the madder I'd get until eventually relegation became guaranteed. Not worth getting that angry but I cant really help it, if we go down this season which I doubt but it could happen I'd be gutted. I'm glad I've not been able to go to games thus far in a way because Saturday afternoons aren't for getting fuming and then downbeat later on. 

To be fair I wouldn't want them to.

They are a nice club who have tried to do things the right way and not throw millions at it and risk their future as a club. They are now financially secure and have a manager who comes across as a good bloke who is a supporter of the club. They have hard working players who give their all.

We deserved that record not only for the mess on the pitch but because we had two managers who were not focused on the job in hand. Billy was too busy moaning on the Wembley pitch and that never went right after that, we invested in some of the worst buys in club history and then Jewell came in, in more than one videoed place, and brought in even more crap in January.

When a club looks like beating our record when they are such a mess I'll happily give them the record.

I thinks it’s a disgraceful record that makes us a joke.

if sheff United beat it I’ll be delighted.

I don’t think they will though.

Sheffield United have no real goal scorers for the premiership  as well as the other teams now know how they play - WBA and Fulham  may well be much worse come the end of the season but less than 11 points is highly unlikely but relegation is a definite probability  

A lot depends on Sheff United’s strategy in January. Will they gamble and invest heavily in a goalscorer to protect their future PL profits? Or will they back themselves to yo-yo? 

Derby didn’t really gamble in January 2008, Jewell had a scattergun approach and signed 8 freebies, loans and mercenaries. 

Yeah, sadly, it's not going to happen. They are losing by the odd goal in games that they are otherwise competitive in. In that god-awful season we were just rubbish and constantly comprehensively outplayed. The only surprise and the only record that we didn't take I think, was the lack of heaviest ever PL defeat.

I'm absolutely confident that the Blades will squeak a few wins to get past our total with some ease.

Like the rest of you oddballs, somewhere deep down I am slightly proud somehow of what we as fans put up with and still came out smiling (grimacing) ! As someone who is surrounded by fans of more illustrious sides, it's still a talking point for me with in terms of endurance and loyalty !

Archived