v Brentford (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very good point, So Brentford missed a couple of chances, That's their fault not ours, Defence and midfield were organised which they have to be against a good Brentford side, Now for my negativity, The hardest thing in football is to score goals, My are we finding it hard, 8 goals in 17 games, That is not good, It will keep us down with the dead men if we can't improve that statistic.

We'll have to see what's in the transfer market in January.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Marshall- not his best moments 

wisdom - not great at either RB and CH but a clean sheet

davies - did well but his injury could be a major loss defensively 

clarke - ok 

forsyth - solid 

Belick - played well and keep him in midfield 

shinnie - won a lot of ball and will be missed for his suspension 

knight - made some great runs but no one can pass 

Holmes - did nothing really 

jozwiak - did ok 

Richards - ok. Probably should have come off a lot earlier 

lawrence - looked a bit better for sitting on a bench 

macdonald - did well and carries a wound for his debut 

Whittaker- did ok in his short time 

Rooney- two clean sheets in London 4 points that will do 

You have taken the sparkle off a great point 

Happy with the point but worried Curtis is done. I didn't like the way the Brentford player was waving the physio on, and how the physios took him off. It might open the door for Mike to get back in and prove himself.

Knights work rate is tremendous, and he's very good at winning free kicks. Shinnie looks poor when he's got the ball, but very impressive when they've got the ball.

Hopefully Brentford will find their scoring boots for Saturday.

Cracking point, if the roles had been reversed and that was us playing at home against a bottom 3 team creating so few chances, the forum would have gone into overdrive at how bad we were.

Pretty sure we didn't let them have a shot on target and whilst we didn't create to much ourselves, we didn't look under any considerable pressure at any point during the game. Early days but signs are looking promising for Rooney.

14 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

We used up quite a bit of luck. Not sure there was much left by the end.

I couldn't see or hear the game.

1. How lucky were we, would you say? (Not much / a bit / a lot)

2. Did the players seem to play with increased confidence and self-belief?

My gut feeling is that Q2 is more important at the moment.

Just now, James Pond said:

A very good point, So Brentford missed a couple of chances, That's their fault not ours, Defence and midfield were organised which they have to be against a good Brentford side, Now for my negativity, The hardest thing in football is to score goals, My are we finding it hard, 8 goals in 17 games, That is not good, It will keep us down with the dead men if we can't improve that statistic.

well that is what every team is looking for.  In the championship if you find a reliable finisher you are going to be pushing for top 6.  the teams are very closely matched if sent out properly.  At least now that is happening

1 minute ago, James Pond said:

Wayne and Schteve have probably already decided who they would like to bring in. Wayne has a serious football brain. He is ultra keen to manage the Rams. I like the idea. We would have lost this game under Cocu.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Marshall- not his best moments 

wisdom - not great at either RB and CH but a clean sheet

davies - did well but his injury could be a major loss defensively 

clarke - ok 

forsyth - solid 

Belick - played well and keep him in midfield 

shinnie - won a lot of ball and will be missed for his suspension 

knight - made some great runs but no one can pass 

Holmes - did nothing really 

jozwiak - did ok 

Richards - ok. Probably should have come off a lot earlier 

lawrence - looked a bit better for sitting on a bench 

macdonald - did well and carries a wound for his debut 

Whittaker- did ok in his short time 

Rooney- two clean sheets in London 4 points that will do 

Blimey... ‘cup half empty’ and all that 

Just now, Shuff264 said:

Ps. I love Krystian Bielik

The true heir to George Thorne. Such a classy footballer. Does a wonderful job defensively clearing quite a few set pieces that he had to win, but is also our best passer of a ball, did some pretty cute flicks in this game. By far the best player in our squad, he's so important to our revival.

16 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

He was ok.

He's probably the most limited midfielder we've had since Savage.

Think some are too harsh regards shinnie, he wasn’t great late on with some poor passing but early on I thought his defensive work earnt us a foothold in the game , always in the right place to win a tackle ,, wizzy is the one who worries me most , he seems to get caught in no mans land far too often

Archived