v Brentford (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

2 minutes ago, jed27 said:

McDonald got smacked in the face on the touchline by one of their players. Looked deliberate to me. 

Held out well there in the first 15 mins of the second half .  Could have nicked it as they got frustrated .  More endeavour of late but still to toothless in the final third.  Hope the young lad is ok. Didn't see if it was deliberate . If it was against a kid on his debut earmark who did it for the next game .  Nice bit of fierce retribution in the last few minutes would be due.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairly to Rooney and co.

When we lose I’m quick to say they’re not good enough and we need a proven manager but they’ve done a good job tonight.

I think that was a more pleasing display than the win against Millwall. We didn’t look out of place against a top team in this division and that’s saying a lot considering our position.

Two more challenging games to come but hopefully now we are starting to see a different side.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Well it was tough to watch but that's a pretty good result. 

Young Kornell did a great job. 

We really do look poor in attack but the spirit is there. 

Tough at the bottom...

I'd love to watch decent attacking football too, however, wouldn't put money on we are going to see it in our current conundrum.

Very happy to take a point away from Brentford, especially considering they missed two absolute sitters and probably should have (narrowly) won the game.

I think that's the first time for years that I've watched us play Brentford and we haven't got absolutely rolled over. A very solid performance. Very well organised. You really have done a good job if you manage to keep players like Tony and Mbuemo as quiet as we did.

Good point away from home. Gutted we couldn't win though, but thats because i just want to win every game & get to safety as quickly as possible 

Thought knight played well man of the match, bielik class above when on the ball. I thought Lawrence did well when he came on & whilst his passing was a bit off shinnie got about well 

We're a bit more direct & moving the ball quicker. I also think our movement off the ball is better & we have got better at winning 50-50 balls & the second balls

We can still improve but its an improvement 

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Well it was tough to watch but that's a pretty good result. 

Young Kornell did a great job. 

We really do look poor in attack but the spirit is there. 

Getting the defence sorted buys us a bit of time in trying to sort out the attacking part of the team. Leaking silly goals had to be sorted out as a priority.

Archived