v Brentford (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

3 minutes ago, 66DegreesNorth said:

Tough at the bottom...

I'd love to watch decent attacking football too, however, wouldn't put money on we are going to see it in our current conundrum.

F'ing Hell one step at a time. Seriously they can't go from being bottom to being top in one move!

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

You can’t have watched us to many times. Seems pretty obvious to most.

(not having a dig).

I have watched every game as I'm a season ticket holder so got games at home on free and away pay the money to watch. I know why I'm just referring to why when we have Lawrence jozwiak Knight in there we should be scoring goals. 

Saw something a few weeks back about Cocu going and our luck turning. Brentford missed a couple of sitters tonight. Hard fought point where praise should go to all in black and white. Still not sure Wayne is the complete way forward but he's got us fighting.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Very happy to take a point away from Brentford, especially considering they missed two absolute sitters and probably should have (narrowly) won the game.

I think that's the first time for years that I've watched us play Brentford and we haven't got absolutely rolled over. A very solid performance. Very well organised. You really have done a good job if you manage to keep players like Tony and Mbuemo as quiet as we did.

It's a bit weird that we've turned into one of those teams we used to hate when McClaren was here in 2014, who would restrict play and beat us 1-0 with two attacks.  Just the player needed to get the one.  Not attractive but needs must at the minute.  Would happily take a few 1-0 matches at the minute.

Marshall- not his best moments 

wisdom - not great at either RB and CH but a clean sheet

davies - did well but his injury could be a major loss defensively 

clarke - ok 

forsyth - solid 

Belick - played well and keep him in midfield 

shinnie - won a lot of ball and will be missed for his suspension 

knight - made some great runs but no one can pass 

Holmes - did nothing really 

jozwiak - did ok 

Richards - ok. Probably should have come off a lot earlier 

lawrence - looked a bit better for sitting on a bench 

macdonald - did well and carries a wound for his debut 

Whittaker- did ok in his short time 

Rooney- two clean sheets in London 4 points that will do 

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It's a bit weird that we've turned into one of those teams we used to hate when McClaren was here in 2014, who would restrict play and beat us 1-0 with two attacks.  Just the player needed to get the one.  Not attractive but needs must at the minute.  Would happily take a few 1-0 matches at the minute.

As you say, needs must (in a nutshell)

5 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I have watched every game as I'm a season ticket holder so got games at home on free and away pay the money to watch. I know why I'm just referring to why when we have Lawrence jozwiak Knight in there we should be scoring goals. 

those 3 are not goal scorers

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Lot of determination from the team. Knight must of ran many miles, and Lawrence (not my favourite!) put in a good defensive shift and offered more than Holmes. Really worried that Curtis has done his knee badly.

Knight is exceptional. Great future. MacDonald us an old head on young shoulders. Unbelievable Academy.

Archived