v Brentford (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

11 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

No fella don’t twist it, my point is he works hard and he’s always doing doggies up and down but people see him make rash decisions when he’s going forward and can’t see past that. He’s still poor going forward, I just think if your playing a team like Brentford who will move the ball around fast and your wanting someone to press and track back then he’s your man. As is Joz.  Whether he then scores a goal or makes the right pass instead is a different matter entirely.  
Now we have competition for place on the wings with Holmes Joz Lawrence and Ibe he might stay more focused. 
Also he’s the most booked player we’ve had over the past season or two, which just shows you he works back. 

I'm not sure about Lawrence at all, but if there's no question he tracks back and will defend well on occasions, he's a much harder worked than many fans give him credit for. The problem is that his body language and facial expressions often look like he doesn't care or try and. Because of that some people dislike him and ignore the good stuff he does.

Such is life.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaun barker spoke at length on the commentary about having left footers on the left and right footers on the right.

AT LAST! Someone with brains. 

he repeated how predictable it was and how easy to defend against a the winger who always comes inside on his preferred foot.

he wanted to see TL played more on the right.

As for the youngsters. They fill me with optimism.

those who have played - In order of preference

knight

sibley

buchanan

bird

stretton

whittaker

mcdonald

brown j

trialist

solomon

together with Bielik and Jozwiak  that’s cause for optimism

and Ibe and Evans are still young-ish too. 

I’m looking forward to seeing Hutchinson, Wilson, ebosele and Duncan in due course .
Hutchinson looks good in the u23s to me.

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We even have Ebosele who is in front of McDonald in the U23 pecking order, but he's currently out injured for an unspecified amount of time.

In the last season and a bit alone, we've seen 11 academy graduates in the first team: Bogle, McDonald, Buchanan, Lowe, JBrown, Bird, Knight, Sibley, Whittaker, Bennett, Stretton.
There are a number of others, such as Archie Brown that will get a chance before the season ends as well.

and Jamahl Hector Ingram

I don't know (or care really) about anyone else but I like Brentford FC.

Their manager was very complimentary about Derby before the match.

The team played the game as if they were enjoying themselves and gave the impression that there was nowhere they would rather be than on the pitch.

Their chairman seems a nice guy who is proud of the club and the new stadium whilst welcoming the opportunity to benefit the local area.

Maybe it has something to do with comparison with last Saturday's opponents but I felt that both teams are great examples of what is best about the beautiful game.

I'd be pleased to see them go one better this season and have a go at Premiership football. They've got some cracking players!

12 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm not sure about Lawrence at all, but if there's no question he tracks back and will defend well on occasions, he's a much harder worked than many fans give him credit for. The problem is that his body language and facial expressions often look like he doesn't care or try and. Because of that some people dislike him and ignore the good stuff he does.

Such is life.

Well it doesn’t help but that is a shallow reason that contributes to the assessment as an addendum.  Going forward he has been very poor, decision making is almost always wrong and his shooting has been abysmal.  He is supposed to be our gem, a match changer.  On top of that some will never forgive him for the DUI.

25 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Well it doesn’t help but that is a shallow reason that contributes to the assessment as an addendum.  Going forward he has been very poor, decision making is almost always wrong and his shooting has been abysmal.  He is supposed to be our gem, a match changer.  On top of that some will never forgive him for the DUI.

Having been in rented accommodation both in the US and Cornwall for most of the last 6 months I can't comment on his performances since the lockdown as I've seen very few games.

He is a frustrating player for sure.

As for the DUI, you're right. Anybody that feels super strongly about that will allow it (mostly unconsciously) to cloud their judgment, it's just how our brains work.

It's why brilliant doctors with terrible bedside manners get sued more frequently than bad doctors who will chat all day with a patient. It's why we're more likely to like a person who supports Derby than one who is avid Forest no matter what their personality. And it's why a kid only has to get bitten once by a dog to see all dogs as dangerous.

Once we form a negative opinion of a person/thing/event, it's really, really hard to change that. It does happen of course, but for the most part people look for evidence to support their current opinion/belief and ignore evidence to the contrary.

48 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Having been in rented accommodation both in the US and Cornwall for most of the last 6 months I can't comment on his performances since the lockdown as I've seen very few games.

He is a frustrating player for sure.

As for the DUI, you're right. Anybody that feels super strongly about that will allow it (mostly unconsciously) to cloud their judgment, it's just how our brains work.

It's why brilliant doctors with terrible bedside manners get sued more frequently than bad doctors who will chat all day with a patient. It's why we're more likely to like a person who supports Derby than one who is avid Forest no matter what their personality. And it's why a kid only has to get bitten once by a dog to see all dogs as dangerous.

Once we form a negative opinion of a person/thing/event, it's really, really hard to change that. It does happen of course, but for the most part people look for evidence to support their current opinion/belief and ignore evidence to the contrary.

Just read the covid thread if you can face it.  This is evidenced to a high level.  Any info that challenges the set opinion of the reader has to be debunked by other 'facts' and the suggestion that someone could be wrong is seen as a personal insult never to be forgiven.  it is quite funny really because they are the opposite sides of the same coin.  Not a debate  more of a rolling argument.

19 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We even have Ebosele who is in front of McDonald in the U23 pecking order, but he's currently out injured for an unspecified amount of time.

In the last season and a bit alone, we've seen 11 academy graduates in the first team: Bogle, McDonald, Buchanan, Lowe, JBrown, Bird, Knight, Sibley, Whittaker, Bennett, Stretton.
There are a number of others, such as Archie Brown that will get a chance before the season ends as well.

Really felt for Ebosele when I saw McDonald in and around the first team. What a bad time to be injured. Both are good attacking fullbacks, whilst I feel Ebosele is currently stronger defensively,  there is plenty of time for McDonald to improve that side of his game.

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

Really felt for Ebosele when I saw McDonald in and around the first team. What a bad time to be injured. Both are good attacking fullbacks, whilst I feel Ebosele is currently stronger defensively,  there is plenty of time for McDonald to improve that side of his game.

It reminds me of the left back situation under Frank. Lowe out on loan, Fozzy, Malone and Olsson all injured. As the perfect opportunity for Calum MacDonald arose, he picked up a short term injury too.
Fortunately, time is very much on Festy's side, with him still only 18 years of age.

21 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Such is life.

Funny Face Expression GIF by 60 Second Docs
But how should Tom alter his facial expression.....not quite sure he can win on that one 

13 hours ago, Spanish said:

And some like you like to bring up DUI and some like to like these comments after months of time going by and Tom doing his time for the law break in the charity shop,publicly apologising and court process
A lot conveniently for get or don’t know what it is like to lose your mum at an early stage in your life and the effects and toll it takes on your health physically and mentally.

About time Tom got a break from certain posters on this site and give him some slack.

1 hour ago, dcfc4ever said:

And some like you like to bring up DUI and some like to like these comments after months of time going by and Tom doing his time for the law break in the charity shop,publicly apologising and court process
A lot conveniently for get or don’t know what it is like to lose your mum at an early stage in your life and the effects and toll it takes on your health physically and mentally.

About time Tom got a break from certain posters on this site and give him some slack.

Totally wrong.  I have said nothing like that and I object to that accusation.  I have been completely onside with retaining him.  In context it was a comment about other people with set opinions.  You are very wrong about me.

Archived