v Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It wasn't all ugly. Was a well created goal. We played some nice stuff that didn't quite have end product. And we fought hard and played the dirty stuff when needed.

Very happy. #COYR 

Good summing up of the game mate, we played at times, and Bielik was playing some lovely through balls, and all of the team worked there balls off. 

4 stand out players for me where Bielik, Jozwack, Davis and Shinnie. 

Get 4 points in our next 2 games would really start to get me more excited. 

But yes we'll done to Wayne on his first victory for the Rams, let's hope there is many more to come. 

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

There was no appeal from the defenders and the goalie only made an half hearted claim.  Colín does what good forwards do, make things difficult.  Disallowing that would have been incredibly harsh 

Think there was a man on the line.

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Is it fortunate or is it just reward for getting some bloody men in the box for a change?

We had 7 forward for that attack including 5 in the box. This has been unheard of for the last 18 months and a big reason why we haven't been scoring.

I’d still say it’s somewhat fortunate, but you’re right, you make your own luck. We bemoan that we haven’t had enough of it this season, but we haven’t put the effort in to earn it. We did today, and when you’ve got that many men in the box, there’s always the chance it falls to one of them.

4 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Forsyth's pass was pretty good too. Great header down by Waghorn made it difficult for the keeper too. 

One negative for me is that we still (like lots of teams) bring everyone back when defending set plays. I don't understand this at all. The pressure on our players when we get the ball is immense as there's no one to pass to. Plus, the opposition can send more players forward to attack.

Yeah it was a good cross by Forsyth. Agree with you on the second paragraph by the way. Think it makes the whole situation worse by inviting more pressure on, even though it should shore the defence up on paper.

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Is it fortunate or is it just reward for getting some bloody men in the box for a change?

We had 7 forward for that attack including 5 in the box. This has been unheard of for the last 18 months and a big reason why we haven't been scoring.

Good post, I completely agree. We committed so many men forwards compared to how we had been doing previously, and as such in my opinion it makes us much more likely to score like how we did today. 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’d still say it’s somewhat fortunate, but you’re right, you make your own luck. We bemoan that we haven’t had enough of it this season, but we haven’t put the effort in to earn it. We did today, and when you’ve got that many men in the box, there’s always the chance it falls to one of them.

"The harder I work, the luckier I get" as they say.

Wasn't a goal for the end of season highlights reel, but it was a very good one to score.

15 minutes ago, jono said:

And we are all going to get that special Sunday morning feeling ... wake up, rub sleep from eyes ponder about making Mrs Jono a cup of tea .. oh ... and Yessssssss we flipping won ! Da da da da dada ? Priceless 

Absolutely!!! She can make her own bloody tea... I am off to the garden to do some “Keepy  uppies” now where are those old boots???

Although it was close, and Millwall had chances, I felt we deserved the win.

I was not left feeling that it was a lucky win.

I look forward to the next stage, when we convincingly win by a clear margin. And I think we are more likely to hear in that direction, than back to regularly losing.

Feeling chuffed!

I enjoyed most of that. We defended well (though Clarke might want to forget the first half quickly). It wasn’t all pretty but the goal and 2 or 3 other attacks that came to nothing we’re also very good passages of play. 

That goal and win meant more than just the 3 points. You’ve seen over the last few games how tense the lads have been in the box. The body language alone would tell you they weren’t going to score but to get that 3 points might lift that pressure off them and allow them to be more relaxed when we do get in to good positions which in turn will allow us to create more. 

credit where it is due. Didn’t want Rooney, probably still isn’t my first choice but the performances since Boro have been better. I was critical because draws against the two teams with the smallest budgets in the league didn’t scream ‘turnaround’ but this changes things. 

The win was important - it makes the 3 game unbeaten run actually feel like a success. 3 draws wouldn’t have done that. 

Nice one lads. First weekend in a while I’ve not sat with my bottom lip out all night on a Saturday. 

20 minutes ago, Rambam said:

A lot better, though fortunate as Kasim was clearly interfering with play. Makes up for the stupid disallowed goal at Forest.

Not fortunate at all. He didn't foul the keeper and wasn't offside, it was intelligent play and there was zero reason to disallow that goal.

I was impressed with CKRs reaction when he was taken off. Initially you could see he was disappointed and frustrated and you could visibly see he disagreed with the decision. That quickly changed as you could see his realisation that it wasn't all about him and that the result was more important as he geed up the troops as he left the field. That was important lesson for all those youngsters in and around the first team. I doff my cap to you Big Col. 

Archived