v Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

WE DID IT! It was ugly, possibly lucky, but I don’t care. We won a football match. Absolute scenes

It wasn't all ugly. Was a well created goal. We played some nice stuff that didn't quite have end product. And we fought hard and played the dirty stuff when needed.

Very happy. #COYR 

Well done Derby. Real big boy pants performance that.

Neutered their aerial threat, constantly got round their press, got the goal & then managed the game really really well. Never mind their racist fans & their diving players, we controlled them.

Bielik & Davies were particularly good but to a man, everyone contributed. Really proud of all of them.

One last thing...well done Wayne Rooney & the coaching staff. Line up  in hindsight ideal against hard working opposition, subs spot on both in terms of personnel and timing & team worked extremely hard for each other. 

Whether you want Rooney in or not you can't argue things have looked up since he took over.  5 points from 9, should have been more.  Players starting to show desire and I've liked the way we've lined up.   Bielik getting better every match.  Joz brilliant, leading by example. Kazim up top is proving a key change for me.  He may not be the striker we need but by playing him we now threaten.  Get Ibe fit and I reckon we'll make even better progress.  COYR!

42 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Finally a good ball into the box and a bit of luck with the second ball! Get in! 

Amazing what can happen when u actually put the ball into the box and get bodies in there ... take note Phillip cocu for ur next job 

sorry but that was one of the basic fundamentals that why as time went on I fell out of love with big PC 

Huge defensive performance from all players today, not just the back line. Wingers worked very hard and Bielik immense in the middle of the park.

Jozwiak was the only creative spark with Bielik though and we need to remedy that. Would still like to see Sibley playing but we're having to work hard to win games atm and not do it by playing pretty football. Think we'll see a more creative side against Brentford though.

Today again impressed the importance of having an alternative to CKR. As good as he was against Coventry, he struggled today and we could have done with taking him off 20 mins earlier. Waghorn much better on the wing, but doesn't impact games up front.

Shout out for Fozzy and Byrne today. Fozzy with the delightful cross for the goal and Byrne was top notch at RB, both defensively and offensively. 

Wasn’t a great performance in terms of quality but it was a good effort and just happy to get 3 points. 

The players battled and put a shift in which you have to do in this division.

Davies marshaled the defence well, Beilik and Shinnie battled well in midfield and Joz did well out wide, CKR looked ducked but he’s played 3 in 7 days but still made a contribution!

Happy Ram tonight!

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It wasn't all ugly. Was a well created goal. We played some nice stuff that didn't quite have end product. And we fought hard and played the dirty stuff when needed.

Very happy. #COYR 

Yeah there were some decent moves in there, if Holmes had played like a professional footballer we might have seen more come of them. The goal was a bit scrappy imo, but I really don’t care how they go in. Millwall is a game you probably have to play a bit ugly to get a result, particularly given our current form.

Overall team effort wins, so I'm not going to single out individuals, but:

Bielik and Shinnie were up for matching their midfield

CKR looked tired, but still did well at what he does. Felt for him with that through ball he just couldn't quite get to.

Knight = Bryson.

Jozwiak - great effort today

Holmes - all people will remember is his fluffs in the box, but he did work hard in a game where everyone needed to work hard.

Back 4 - to a man, tremendous

Marshall - he's going to the Euros and he's going to win it for Scotland!

Subs:

Waghorn - worked hard, did mostly good things, one of his best appearences this season (when not doing a job he's unsuited to, funny old game)

Bird - Did well.

Buchannan - again, was positive and did everything he needed to.

Wisdom - we needed him to not F up. He didn't F up.

I also love the BBC story about millwall fasn booing BLM has a picture with CKR ginving the Black Power salute.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Great win, although I have no idea how we played as I have only just logged on. Well done Rooney for getting the team set up well today, and for taking my advice to drop Lawrence. Not sure why he is still picking Holmes - how was he today? - but perhaps no coincidence we scored when Wags came on and presumably played on the right. Lovely to see Ibe on the bench too. Ibe, Jozwiak, Waghorn and Whittaker should be our first choice wide forwards in the games ahead, and hopefully we will get another target man soon to allow CKR a bit of rest from time to time. Never were we going to go down with this squad. The players appear more up for it, and being more direct will benefit us in the long run.  COYR!!!

Lawrence needs to realise that he is not a fixture in our team. He needs to work harder if he wants to keep Ibe out in future.

Archived