v Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really happy with that considering the circumstances! They really wanted it today.

Bielik showed glimpses of what he can do. Thought Shinnie and Jozwiak were great. Clarke had a little wobble but thought overall they defended well.

Millwall were pretty poor in my opinion, but it’s always a tough place to go and the 3 points have kept us in touching distance of the rest which should boost the players.

A result now against Brentford would be massive for confidence and we could go in to the busy festive period hitting some kind of form! 

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah there were some decent moves in there, if Holmes had played like a professional footballer we might have seen more come of them. The goal was a bit scrappy imo, but I really don’t care how they go in. Millwall is a game you probably have to play a bit ugly to get a result, particularly given our current form.

Thought it was a good move, fozzy  moves into space puts a perfect cross to waggy who heads it hard into the ground and knight anticipates the likelihood that the goalie will only be able to parry.  Not scrappy imo

4 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

So pleased with Jozwiaks performance today. I feared that he'd become disillusioned and who could have blamed him with how his Derby career has started. A display of a winner that was. We'll need a few more of those performances from him if we are to salvage anything from this season. 

He had started to dive a bit which isn’t his game.  His skill is staying on his feat and be difficult to tackle.  Last 2 games that has been back

5 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

So pleased with Jozwiaks performance today. I feared that he'd become disillusioned and who could have blamed him with how his Derby career has started. A display of a winner that was. We'll need a few more of those performances from him if we are to salvage anything from this season. 

Enjoyed playing in the same team as his mate. 

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Thought it was a good move, fozzy  moves into space puts a perfect cross to waggy who heads it hard into the ground and knight anticipates the likelihood that the goalie will only be able to parry.  Not scrappy imo

Think it’s quite fortunate how it drops to Knight, but I do agree the build up play was pretty good - especially the pass from Bielik which started the move. Ultimately it doesn’t matter how they go in when you’re in our position.

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

He had started to dive a bit which isn’t his game.  His skill is staying on his feat and be difficult to tackle.  Last 2 games that has been back

That's a very good point. He seems very difficult to shake off the ball when in full flow. It's a real asset that helps us move up the pitch more fluidly. I was pleasantly surprised with his work off the ball too today. 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think it’s quite fortunate how it drops to Knight, but I do agree the build up play was pretty good - especially the pass from Bielik which started the move. Ultimately it doesn’t matter how they go in when you’re in our position.

Is it fortunate or is it just reward for getting some bloody men in the box for a change?

We had 7 forward for that attack including 5 in the box. This has been unheard of for the last 18 months and a big reason why we haven't been scoring.

1 minute ago, Rambam said:

A lot better, though fortunate as Kasim was clearly interfering with play. Makes up for the stupid disallowed goal at Forest.

There was no appeal from the defenders and the goalie only made an half hearted claim.  Colín does what good forwards do, make things difficult.  Disallowing that would have been incredibly harsh 

I forgot how sweet 3pts feel, what a rush!

Good performance by the lads, wish we would’ve pushed for a second goal and not gone as defensive.
Only exception in performance: Holmes, who  missed two great chances missed.

Seems like Rooney is pulling a Cinderella story out of his ass. COYR!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Forsyth's pass was pretty good too. Great header down by Waghorn made it difficult for the keeper too. 

One negative for me is that we still (like lots of teams) bring everyone back when defending set plays. I don't understand this at all. The pressure on our players when we get the ball is immense as there's no one to pass to. Plus, the opposition can send more players forward to attack.

Archived