v Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Grim viewing. Very happy to see us narrowly edge that. Won't be getting carried away, though. 

I think that's pretty harsh. We didn't concede many chances in the second half, and whilst we weren't playing them off the park, our players battled and worked really hard and in my opinion shaded it and deserved the win. 

12 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Oh give it a rest.... unbeaten in 3, won today at a canter with plenty left in the tank, brought on Waghorn who set up the goal )but lets forget about that eh as it doesn't help your anti Wayne rubbish.

First manager that has the balls to drop Lawrence.

Got us 5 points, in 3 games that is almost half the points we have got ALL season.

E.I.E.I.E.I.O.......

Could very easily have been 3 straight wins for Rooney.  Say what you like but he's got the team working harder, playing more positive football and nobody can question his knowledge of the game.  Yes he's inexperienced and I had some reservations but I can see progress and that's more than I've seen for a while. 

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Brilliant performance all round. Jozwiak showing Lawrence the type of effort a wide man needs to put in.

Exactly. You can’t carry passengers they just take energy from the rest. Four games ago we two - Rooney as well as Lawrence. No wonder we hit rock bottom  

On 02/12/2020 at 15:54, YorkshireRam said:

• Waghorn in on RW so he can supplement as a second striker, come into the back post for headers etc.
  • Te Wierik in because Wisdom's heading/marking isn't quite good enough and Davies' pace is an issue
  • Do I need to explain Jozwiak for Lawrence? ?

Eagerly awaiting the call from Mel now offering me the position ?

1 minute ago, jcidaho said:

The last three games have been better. Dare I say it... starting to like Rooney as manager. He keeps it simple, wants the team to create chances. He's got gravitas on the side.. 

The last three have been our best games of the season. Whilst we've not been banging the goals in for fun, we've looked so much more threatening in attack and seem to be a lot more coherent in our patterns of play. I don't think Rooney's doing too badly tbf to him, as someone who was very doubtful. 

Great win, although I have no idea how we played as I have only just logged on. Well done Rooney for getting the team set up well today, and for taking my advice to drop Lawrence. Not sure why he is still picking Holmes - how was he today? - but perhaps no coincidence we scored when Wags came on and presumably played on the right. Lovely to see Ibe on the bench too. Ibe, Jozwiak, Waghorn and Whittaker should be our first choice wide forwards in the games ahead, and hopefully we will get another target man soon to allow CKR a bit of rest from time to time. Never were we going to go down with this squad. The players appear more up for it, and being more direct will benefit us in the long run.  COYR!!!

Archived