v Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Got the win which is all that matters. A better win than Norwich too. Brentford next though ?

Yes TomTom, it was a bit of a nail biter towards the end, but my nails are a small price to pay for the win and three points.  As you say, Brentford away next, I'd take a point there mate.  COYR!

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Today also showed why we still need Davies.......yeah his passing isn’t great but there isn’t a better defender for this type of game in team!

It's not a coincidence we didn't make as many awful defensive mistakes today. Curtis is still quality.

1 minute ago, TomG said:

Yes TomTom, it was a bit of a nail biter towards the end, but my nails are a small price to pay for the win and three points.  As you say, Brentford away next, I'd take a point there mate.  COYR!

I'll take 3 - I'm greedy ?

Deserved to win that. Jozwiak stand out but his game should be much more as an outlet than doing so much donkey work.   Huff and puff but games against Millwall are like that anyway and we dealt with Smith well and Wallace ok.  Still pissed of about the two winnable games before but we really don't concede that many.  If we were more effective up top we would have 10 more points. We can't persist with Holmes if he keeps squandering the few opportunities worked. We won't get sides as weak as Wycombe were in that first half when he scored last week very often.  Midfield today was effective but need more mobility and Knight to come for the ball against better teams or we get no points at all. Bird shouldn't give so much easy ball away after a season and a half in the first team.

An improvement over the last couple of games  but further improvement needed. 

I think that was bieliks best game for the club, quietly and very very efficiently went about his business, protected the back four, used the ball really well, showed great composure and helped out the centre halves where the ball was getting hooned into the box 

having been sceptical over him, I’m delighted to see that sort of performance... if u watch him carefully he does have a tendency atm to ball watch, he did for covs goal the other night where if he had held his position we may have prevented that goal but that’s being really really picky 

but bravo to the lad today

also

look at that goal today 

that type of goal would never have been scored by a cocu side, a cross into the box , bodies in the box 

I’m sorry but that’s why cocu was out of his depth, this league demands the basics , today’s goaL was exactly that 

as someone who really doesn’t ....didn’t want Rooney in charge .. if he keeps us doing the basics, keeps us getting bodies into the box , keeps us doing the basics then this stubborn cold hearted ram might be warming to the idea of Wayne Rooney as the new gaffa 

Bloody delighted tonight for him and us

Duck it 

Rooooooooooooooooooney!!!

Curtis Davies was very good and did exactly what you want from a defender playing against a side like Millwall.

Bielik was fantastic and Shinnie did an excellent job of disrupting Millwall before coming off. He's exactly the sort of player they should sign!

Jozwiak brilliant as well and looks like he's starting to grow into the side now.

I think people are so ecstatic to finally get a win that they're making the game into something that it wasn't. It wasn't a great performance, wasn't anywhere near as good as we were against Bristol City, for example. It was scrappy. That's what Millwall make you do. Credit to them for weathering that sh*tstorm and coming out the other side with three points. 

5 minutes ago, Justa said:

So pleased Lawrence was left on the bench - might give him the kick up the arse he needs......

But I doubt it...

How many kicks up the Do we think he needs lol

Such a frustrating player

so so so much talent but such a poor brain on him decision wise 

just wish he’d take a breath abs slow it down by 10% l, might significantly increase his return 

can’t fault his work rate but his decision making .... sweet Mary and Joseph 

This could be a massive turning point for us.

Rooney still wouldn’t be my choice, but if he continues getting results, it will quickly become counter-intuitive to hold that stance.

We can’t really judge him on the Brentford game coming up. Even in good form, we would be underdogs and unlikely to get a result.

A better measure will be Stoke and Swansea at home and Rotherham away.

A few more positive results and points on the board and Rooney will emerge with a lot of credit.

Archived