v Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Bubbles

Totally deserved , clarke and Davies immense second half , great all round display from Jozwiak , not a fan of Rooney , but give him the job till the end of the season , we dont need anymore upheaval, and team is slowly improving and confidence will grow , and btw    duck you Rowett

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Norman said:

One difference today. 

The tracking back and and work ethic of the wingers. 

I don't want to take anything away from the lads on the pitch, but.....

Lawrence needs to look at Jozwiak's performance today. Tackles, dribbles, effort, work ethic. Yeah, Jozwiak let them double up on Forsyth 3 or 4 times, but Lawrence does it 10 to 15 times a game. 

Get Ibe on the opposite wing and we will be fine. 

Bielik is a beast. 

Knight is imperative to our press and shape from the front. Unbelievable workrate, great positioning, and it helps us drive them back. 

A word for Shinnie??

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Lawrence needs to look at Jozwiak's performance today. Tackles, dribbles, effort, work ethic. Yeah, Jozwiak let them double up on Forsyth 3 or 4 times, but Lawrence does it 10 to 15 times a game. 

Absolutely spot on. Jozwiak worked his socks off today, put in countless tackles, always had his head up and looked for a pass too. There is no chance Lawrence should be anywhere near starting ahead of Jozwiak. 

6 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Thanks for the updates?

Hopefully we can start to build from this so I can regain interest and provide better quality updates ?

So much better. We had intensity and determination. We looked like a mid-table team. Fought for everything and deserved the win.

Joswiak, Knight and Bielik looking good. Shinney letting Millwall know that they've been in a proper game. Forsyth's early crossing always unnerves defenses. Kazim-Richards gives us some shape. An on form Ibe in for Holmes and we might be looking back on the early season and wondering what the fuss was about.

Well done Wayne Rooney

4 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Enjoyed Bielik in the middle again today. We have a superb player there.

Everyone seems to forget, he may not be home grown like Sibley/Knight/Bird. But he is also only 22!!

He seems more disciplined than last year , but his ability to keep the ball and then make incisive passes is what we have been missing in midfield ...... compare his midfield performances last two games with Rooney in midfield a few games ago,

1 minute ago, TomG said:

Hindsight, such a wonderful thing!

In hindsight I shouldn’t have risen to the bait laid by such a toxic anti fan attitude, but we all learn from our mistakes. Give me you’re address and I’ll send you a ticket to Nottingham, by way of an apology. I’m sure you’ll be welcomed with open arms. 

Archived