Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

27 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Anyone else regret Cocu leaving? It was slow, it wasn't great. but since him leaving, it certainly hasn't got any better.

Cocu had Shinnie and Davis playing. While we were struggling to score, we were ever so slowly improving. We could be solid for 60-70minutes and while it wasn't the best tactic, I still feel a few more games and it could click. Jozwiak, two games into Cocu leaving...well the tactics has only got worse????

The biggest factor in all of this, we still don't have a manager in place?? Rooney, Liam, Given, what are we thinking!!! and we literally have Mclaren on the bench, it mirrors our actual football....my god I would have subbed Mclaren on after 10 minutes if nothing else!!!!

Why were results better under cocu ?? 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not Cocu then, he's escaped lightly. ?

they wanted to change it up- claimed cocu had messed things up by making it too complicated then put Bird at left centre back... Cocu is not responsible for tonight and is not responsible for the circus that is following the club. I personally would have stuck with Cocu for another 5 games but that's just me. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Physically and mentally inept. 

Difficult to see anyone wanting to sign in January. 

At least the Rooney experiment will now be seen as a failure. 

Michael Johnson sounded near to tears. 

Johno was talking crap he points out when somebody makes a mistake but never says owt when it was Rooney he needs to grow some balls and say the truth 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sibley has to play surely?

Then out of curiosity, who would you drop to the bench? Right now I don't think we can afford to lose the energy/defensive work of Knight or Shinnie alongside Bielik. Jozwiak we know has talent and Sibley isn't a n.9 type forward to replace Richards. So he must come in place of Lawrence? but I wouldn't agree that Sibley is a suitable LW, maybe I am completely wrong though.

4 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Then out of curiosity, who would you drop to the bench? Right now I don't think we can afford to lose the energy/defensive work of Knight or Shinnie alongside Bielik. Jozwiak we know has talent and Sibley isn't a n.9 type forward to replace Richards. So he must come in place of Lawrence? but I wouldn't agree that Sibley is a suitable LW, maybe I am completely wrong though.

Sibley and Knight together in front of Bielik...

Since we can't sack the half of the senior squad who can barely be arsed to lift a leg and Shrek has a copper-bottomed contract, it's time we had a clear out of the 'coaches'. Something absolutely stinks at this club right now and I'd be bringing in a streetfighter like Terry with Mac providing oversight. I just don't see the value of having Mac here if he's not somehow involved in the coaching side of things, least not while we're a club in turmoil. I'd wager he and Terry would have this lot sorted in no time. Certainly they'd not be accepting the levels of fitness and application some of our more 'seasoned' pros are showing. 

This team is divided AF right now and we have to address it before the younger players are dragged down too. Our dressing room has not been right for a good few years IMO. We finally saw some real spirit and unity under Lampard, but for whatever reason, it evaporated the moment he left. Tonight was notable not only for the lack of quality shown, but even more so for the complete lack of professional pride. Whatever we feel about Terry's character and past transgressions, he'd not stand for what we've seen tonight, not for a moment. He always gave 100% as a player and demanded as much from those around him. Those qualities are precisely what we need right now. The young'uns aside, we look thoroughly gutless and whilst I can put up with inferior players, those who simply don't care enough to pull their weight absolutely boil my piss.

A final thought concerns a player I've apparently wrongly stood up for, a gazillion times now. Given the loyalty shown by the club and many of the fans to Tom Lawrence, he should feel ashamed of his 'contribution' tonight. He was absolutely flying during that 17 game run where we were top of the form league last season, so we know he can do it. He's now reverted to type, however, but this time without the mitigating circumstances of his bereavement. He clearly thought that expressing himself through the medium of toddler tantrum and thereby risking a ban and leaving only 10 plyers on the pitch was more important than getting his ducking nut down. I must have been blind not to see what a petulant, selfish man-baby he really is. Just another ego-driven ne'er-do-well. I've had it with him now, but he's absolutely not alone. If I were managing that absolute shower, I'd be deducting the viewing fees paid by fans from their salary and either refunding it, or giving it to charity. I've never been a fan of the 'stealing a living' outlook but what we saw tonight was inexcusable. 

Cocu had failed, and it was time to let him go. Lets not forget that, the backwards steps against QPR and Barnsley finished what hope had been built by the draws against Forest, Cardiff and Bournmouth.

Saturday was better than Barnsley, but the same result and didn't feel that much changed from our "slightly more encouraging" performances under Cocu, than tonight was back to the lows of the Blackburn game.

I don't want them smiling in training. I want them to feel bad after that.

I want them to turn it around.

SO, we've had one engouraging performance and loss and one awful loss since Cocu left, hard to feel positive.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

Ibe is the modern day sick note that Darren Anderton was years ago. Ibe is not going to be the saviour, so why would any one block a move for Eddie Howe

Ibe isn't sick note don't be silly. He just been ill recently so he couldn't do anything about it tbh. He'll prove you wrong anyway. 

16 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

What I would do next game, we obviously struggle with scoring.

Marshall (obviously)

Byrne    Davis   Clarke  Buchann 

Knight    Bielik   Shinnie

Jozwiak    Richards    Lawrence(Ibe if fit)

Subs: Holmes, Ibe(if fit), Waghorn, Big Mike, Wisdom, Rooney, Bird, Sibley, Fozzy, Whittaker

Man leading the team: Mclaren

Energy with Knight(who we know will give his all), Shinnie (again, isn't afraid), Bielik (confident CDM, our Eustace). The three forwards, aim to play off Richards layoffs/hold up play, I wish we had Martin. Davis experienced no nonsense CB.

So many options on the bench to change it up while staying with the same formation, Sibley/Bird can come in for midfield. Waghorn, Ibe, Rooney for backup in attack. Big Mike and Wisdom, Fozzy in defence. The fact we are allowed 5 subs right now will be a major advantage.

Marshall

Byrne Davies Clarke Buchanan

Bielik

Holmes Rooney Shinnie Jozwiak

CKR

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Sibley and Knight together in front of Bielik...

Could definitely work depending on the opposition. Whether we need a tough tackler in Shinnie or a more skillful attack in Sibley and Shinnie dropped to the bench. Again, the ability to make 5 substitutions would be a huge bonus for us.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

The day Wayne Rooney leaves this football club will be glorious. The man is a disgrace out on that pitch. Sack him, sack Rosenior, and sack every other coach involved with this sorry mess. That was an absolute shambles out there tonight. Frankly I’d back most of this forum to do a better job. No organisation, no game plan, baffling subsitutions... the list goes on.

We’re going to need a miracle worker to save us from relegation now. Our current squad is playing worse than the local pub team. No quality at all. With the way we’ve been run, we deserve relegation frankly, and that’s exactly what we’re going to get. 

The same Wayne Rooney who some very prominent members of this forum were touting him as a modern day Dave Mackay?Then I choked on my Ovaltine.

Archived