Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Hahahahah. Buchanan has played well, Knight has played well too. Sibley has had a few cameos and looked good in them, same as Whittaker. Bird has played very few minutes as well. Don't even dare scapegoat them. 

To be honest I thought the youngsters were the only ones trying. The experienced players were poor except Clark who tries

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

it is fairly simple isnt it

even the most ardent happy clapper realises that we need somebody proven that knows how to get out of a relegation battle, even if its a short term thing.

use your brains new owners, if you dont i dread the future i really do

Yep, now is not the time for potential rookies, we need results and we need them fast. 

27 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Rubbish. Didn't Alan Hansen say something similar? Not saying we have as talented youngsters as them, but they absolutely are good enough to do it in this league, and over a large period of time, too. 

Clearly not, were bottom. Without getting some experienced heads who care, reinstating Davies would be a start were stuffed.  Those players should be having 4 or 5 matches then out when they start flagging unless they are exceptional players, they should be being used to supplement the team for 12-24 months not be it's mainstay. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's absolutely scapegoating, because anyone who actually watches football and has a set of working eyes can see they've not been the problem. They've been our best players this season. 

they are the problem. little mistakes, little battles lost, doing the wrong thing at the wrong time of the match, they all come from experience . there is always teams that rely on young players that end up going down because they dont know the grind of the mens divisions and how brutal it can get, when you have to dig in.

individually they may not seem so bad but collectively it hamstrings us

it is mens football, so play men.

Is the penny finally dropping for people that Lawrence is vastly overrated then? Because to me it's been abundantly clear for ages.

Lots of hard work, looks the part with his body language and haircut, but zero end product.

Constantly championed by our fanbase as being a quality player, but will be completely forgotten about once he's left the club.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Clearly not, were bottom. Without getting some experienced heads who care, reinstating Davies would be a start were stuffed.  Those players should be having 4 or 5 matches then out when they start flagging unless they are exceptional players, they should be being used to supplement the team for 12-24 months not be it's mainstay. 

We're bottom because of the experienced players. When a team is performing badly, it doesn't not make all individual players bad players. We're being sunk by the fact we have shocking ''experienced'' players dragging us down. Knight and Buchanan have been the two best players we've had this season, Sibley and Whittaker have barely had enough minutes to show anything and looked good with the chance, and the same goes for Bird. 

They do not need to supplement the team. They need to dominate the bloody team. 

Just now, Andicis said:

It's absolutely scapegoating, because anyone who actually watches football and has a set of working eyes can see they've not been the problem. They've been our best players this season. 

Maybe you should look at the definition of scapegoating. It doesn't matter if they have been our best players, which as I alluded to, in some games they have, some they haven't, they haven't been good enough and are as responsible for the league position we are in, as are the others that haven't performed this season.

Sibley and Bird for me, are two players that I thought and still hope that have the potential to become really good players, on form they are players I really enjoy watching, but this season they haven't been good enough, is that because of the coaching they are receiving, confidence, their age or just not being good enough I don't know.

You think they are fair enough, but scapegoating, no it's not.

1 minute ago, BIllyD said:

Maybe you should look at the definition of scapegoating. It doesn't matter if they have been our best players, which as I alluded to, in some games they have, some they haven't, they haven't been good enough and are as responsible for the league position we are in, as are the others that haven't performed this season.

Sibley and Bird for me, are two players that I thought and still hope that have the potential to become really good players, on form they are players I really enjoy watching, but this season they haven't been good enough, is that because of the coaching they are receiving, confidence, their age or just not being good enough I don't know.

You think they are fair enough, but scapegoating, no it's not.

It's scapegoating (I know the definition quite well, thanks for the concern) because you're trying to claim the performances of the young players are why we are where we are. And this is absolutely and unequivocally not the case. 

12 minutes ago, Yani P said:

People questioning whether Cocu should stay...we are where we are today because of his tenure..just hope this takeover happens soon and we get a new management team in place.

no signs they will appoint a permanent manager any time soon.  If we don't start winning, I think SM will take over for the season and then they'll look at it again in the summer.    Not the best approach but could be a result of FFP and the 32red contracts   Hey, we'll be ok this season and 21/22 will be a good time to be a rams fan

4 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

they are the problem. little mistakes, little battles lost, doing the wrong thing at the wrong time of the match, they all come from experience . there is always teams that rely on young players that end up going down because they dont know the grind of the mens divisions and how brutal it can get, when you have to dig in.

individually they may not seem so bad but collectively it hamstrings us

it is mens football, so play men.

Yeah let’s play men

Marshall 

Wisdom   Te Wierik   Davies      Forsyth 

Waghorn   Evans    Shinnie   Lawrence 

Rooney     Kazim 

Just now, DerbyNutter said:

Seriously? ?

Well it's why I asked it, we have come against quite a few teams this season with their own youngsters, we have struggled to say the least. What makes you so confident these players are good enough and what are level are you benchmarking them against ?

Archived