Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DerbyNutter said:

To explain why they are good enough. Do you have time to listen/read the reasons? Because I do have time for hours to go through this. 

You could give me hours of reasons why you believe they are good enough, they may turn out to be correct, they may not. Depends what context really "good enough" is, will they be the next will Hughes, or will they end up like Luke Thomas (think that was his name), both in their own rights good enough.

For me as I have said though, the whole team and squad are to blame for the situation we are in.

An honest assessment of tonight's performance is that 1-1 was fair. Just like the previous 9 games, that also all deserved to be draws. I haven't watched any of the last 10 games thinking the opposition were better than us. 

But I honestly don't know how to describe these last 10 games. It's not football. We appear to have come up with a new sport with a ball and 11 men. 

9 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

An honest assessment of tonight's performance is that 1-1 was fair. Just like the previous 9 games, that also all deserved to be draws. I haven't watched any of the last 10 games thinking the opposition were better than us. 

But I honestly don't know how to describe these last 10 games. It's not football. We appear to have come up with a new sport with a ball and 11 men. 

We didn't test their keeper once, so how would 1-1 have been fair, considering they scored 3?

56 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What's so funny archied?

The first part , this is not ALL down to focus foundation s , the dressing room has gone bad and in my view that’s down to mels mistake of bringing rosenior and then Rooney, they were not his picks as coaching staff around him and both just wanted his job , well they got it and guess what , both are a couple of ego driven arrogant fools without the first clue about being a manager 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

An honest assessment of tonight's performance is that 6-0 wouldn't have been undeserving. 

What I'm saying is I've not watched any of the last 10 games and thought this team is playing really well and clearly better than us. The last team to do that was Blackburn. 

The team won't improve with Davies, Rooney or Kazim in it, for the simple reason of those three getting worse with age. We need to stay clear if possible.

Continue to integrate the youngsters, and as they naturally improve, so too will performances.its already a bonus that some are already our best players.

Cocu's really left us with a mess of a squad to be honest. The first season looked promising with only a couple of additions. We went into the summer needing another winger (we lacked depth), a CF (to replace Martin), and a CB (to finally replace Keogh) [I'll ignore replacing Clarke with Clarke].

Instead, we sold our best defender (Bogle) and replaced him with a vastly inferior alternative, but at least it allowed us to sign a promising winger. We not only don't replace the CF we lost, but also loaned out another only to sign a donkey once the window shut. We also settled for a CB who was average in the Netherlands pub league in the area we were weakest in (the air).

Don't expect us to splash the cash in the January transfer window to fix things. We almost spent the rest of our P&S budget for the year getting rid of Cocu. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The team won't improve with Davies, Rooney or Kazim in it, for the simple reason of those three getting worse with age. We need to stay clear if possible.

Continue to integrate the youngsters, and as they naturally improve, so too will performances.its already a bonus that some are already our best players.

Cocu's really left us with a mess of a squad to be honest. The first season looked promising with only a couple of additions. We went into the summer needing another winger (we lacked depth), a CF (to replace Martin), and a CB (to finally replace Keogh) [I'll ignore replacing Clarke with Clarke].

Instead, we sold our best defender (Bogle) and replaced him with a vastly inferior alternative, but at least it allowed us to sign a promising winger. We not only don't replace the CF we lost, but also loaned out another only to sign a donkey once the window shut. We also settled for a CB who was average in the Netherlands pub league in the area we were weakest in (the air).

Don't expect us to splash the cash in the January transfer window to fix things. We almost spent the rest of our P&S budget for the year getting rid of Cocu. 

If we are in touch, say 5 points from safety I'd be tempted to say baalocks to FFP let's give it a good go with some astute additions in key areas and risk it not working. Being stringent in the summer is part of the reason we are where we are despite spending alot previously. 

2 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

What I'm saying is I've not watched any of the last 10 games and thought this team is playing really well and clearly better than us. The last team to do that was Blackburn. 

Agree with some of the last few games where we haven't looked bad. And draws would have been fair. Tonight was truly awful though. 

5 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

We did ?‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lawrence early on made the keeper make a simple save. Then Sibley in the second half forced him to dive to keep t he ball out of the bottom corner.

Were either save ones you wouldn't expect a competent keeper to make?

It's not a test if you're expected to save it.

Just now, rynny said:

Agree with some of the last few games where we haven't looked bad. And draws would have been fair. Tonight was truly awful though. 

All went wrong with the double substitution. Can't wrap my head around the tactics with that one. The committee should leave just for that. I think they've been butting heads with Davies as did Cocu, hence his exclusion the last two games. No of that lot or this lot can handle a proper leader. Davies to be made club captain asap for me. 

Archived